Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking on the website, it says that QT is "too quiet" if installed without a header. Does that mean if I do go the route of QT without headers I will get less performance as well?

I kinda want an exhaust but don't want the noise. Had a Magnaflow on my old car, was fun for a while but it got annoying.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solo said:
The NA Single exhaust kit has a great performance tone with the stock converter and manifold. The NA Single gets louder if you incorporate a header and free flow catalytic converter. Many customers love this sound and say that it’s what performance exhausts should sound like. Some say it’s too loud with all three moods (Header, Cat and NA Single) but that’s where the NA Single QT (Quiet) comes in!
The NA Single QT is recommended for a soft performance sound when you have a header and free flow cat. The NA Single QT uses a bigger bodied muffler to reduce the noise.
Note: The NA Single QT is not recommended if you have a stock manifold and converter as it’s too quiet.
I guess I meant to say stock manifold and converter...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I guess I meant to say stock manifold and converter...
What you posted makes sense to me. If you get it with out adding their cat and headers, it will be too quiet. I've had all three before, and it does get loud. But I liked it that way. The hi-flow cat is what really makes it too loud. If you get the exhaust and just the headers, I think you will like the sound. The cats always burn out anyway and the insides melt away. Just ask around. Everyone that I know that has had one and later pulled them off to check them have noticed that they have collapsed inside, even causing the cat to clog sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts