Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I have a Magna Flow CatBack Exhaust, so will I have any problems with the installation of the Solo Converter mating to it?

2. For those of you that have purchased the converter, have you seen a noticeable difference in your performance?

...and yes, I do have the GMPP Tune on my 2007 GXP ;)

Thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
1. I have a Magna Flow CatBack Exhaust, so will I have any problems with the installation of the Solo Converter mating to it?

2. For those of you that have purchased the converter, have you seen a noticeable difference in your performance?

...and yes, I do have the GMPP Tune on my 2007 GXP ;)

Thanks in advance!
The Solo high flow cat will bolt up with the Magnaflow exhaust without any problems.

The converter will make the exhaust slightly louder and change the tone slightly. There will be a noticeable difference in spool time of the turbo, if you plan on getting a different tune later there is more power potential with the Solo cat installed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anthony

I have the Solo High Flow Cat and the 3" Magnaflow.
Dave installed the Cat for me.

Someone did a dyno run before and after with the GMPP tune and the Cat gave them around 25hp more with no re-tuning.

Also, The change in sound with this combination is PurrrrrFect!
It's nice and reserved in the low end, and at cruising speeds and rpms, very nice. With the top down the radio and wind completely kill the exhaust sound, IE: no droning

but, when you romp it, it sounds so aggressive and throaty.

You will love the combination of both performance and sound

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! That was all the information I needed & more! Definitely appreciate it. I'm just looking into a shop that can do the installation for me without killing me on the price. I figure that I'm looking at around $550 or so installed. That sound about right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts