Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: :mad:
Well, it seems that after waiting for a week I am now worse off than before. Talked with my dealer last week and he said they received the invoice saying the car had been built on the 9th. He said the system had it at 4200 "in transit" and was expecting it to come in any day now. Well after waiting I called him back today and he said he was wondering where it was too so he would call the trucking company and then call me back. Well, after talking to them they told him they HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED MY CAR YET to load on a truck but as soon as it's on a truck he'll be able to access up-to-date tracking info until it reaches the dealership. So yeah, now I'm pissed. I've got a hat, splash guards, and floor mats BUT NO CAR!!!! I know this has happened to tons of other people too but it still doesn't make it any better. Maybe I'll get my car before we see snow... :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
In the time being, find a comfortable chair. Hang your mudflaps behind the chair and lay a floor mat under your feet. If you point a fan at you and close your eyes it may hold you until it gets there.

All kidding aside, I hope it gets there soon. I know I'll be the one sweating this out in a month's time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
you need to relax. 4200 after a week is good news you may actually see your car in November. What you do not want is to be "bayed." ( I can't think of the code) That would mean you failed QC. Then it is anybody's guess.

The over/under on mine is 11/9.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
zcellar said:
you need to relax. 4200 after a week is good news you may actually see your car in November. What you do not want is to be "bayed." ( I can't think of the code) That would mean you failed QC. Then it is anybody's guess.

:agree:

I was built right around the same time as you, VIN 2796. (BTW, my car was "ready to ship" on 10/9 and "invoiced to dealer on 10/10". I don't think the 9th would be your build date. Your dealer was probably invoiced on the 9th.) My car is still in Wilmington at code 4150. Not bayed, not released to shipper, just hanging around in Wilmington for no apparent reason.... :willy:

At least yours is in transit. Does Indiana go by rail first? I know that for those cars going by rail, the trucking company doing the final delivery doesn't get any data on the car until it gets off the train.

·
Registered
178 Posts
4B00 is bayed.

I don't think it matters. Mine was built 9/19 and released to ship 9/24. There has been no quality holds but it just sits at the plant. I have called everyone and get no answers to the reason why it has not shipped. My dealer cannot get an answer why it has not shipped except "this is a new launch and it is in the process of shipping".

All you can do is sit back and wait for someone to ship it. There is no logic in there shipping schedules and I have sit in VIN 1688 last week at the neighboring dealer and mine was made a few minutes later-Vin 1690 but still at the plant.

One of the local dealers has a used 2003 Corvette that I plan to test drive tomorrow. Who knows?

·
Registered
105 Posts
check deluke's posts she had a source stating water leaks whcich can always be hit or miss as the QC issue. Also a trailer shortage for east coast deliveries has been a problem

·
Registered
511 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Well, it seems that after waiting for a week I am now worse off than before. Talked with my dealer last week and he said they received the invoice saying the car had been built on the 9th. He said the system had it at 4200 "in transit" and was expecting it to come in any day now. Well after waiting I called him back today and he said he was wondering where it was too so he would call the trucking company and then call me back. Well, after talking to them they told him they HAVEN'T EVEN RECEIVED MY CAR YET to load on a truck but as soon as it's on a truck he'll be able to access up-to-date tracking info until it reaches the dealership. So yeah, now I'm pissed. I've got a hat, splash guards, and floor mats BUT NO CAR!!!! I know this has happened to tons of other people too but it still doesn't make it any better. Maybe I'll get my car before we see snow... :(
To late here its going to SNOW tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
simmonsmb: ask the dealer which trucking company delivers to them (probably Jack Cooper Transport, could be Allied or another one). Then call central office for that company and get phone number for local office. Then call that local office and tell them you are checking on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd character and last seven. If they find it in their computer, they can give you a good idea of when to expect delivery.

If they have nothing yet, call every 4 days or so, they usually have the information 5 days ahead of delivery. Check out my announcement thread to see what I did, got some great pictures at the railyard when they were loading my car onto the carrier to go to the dealer.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6698 Posts 32 & 35

Good luck with your beautiful car when it finally arrives. Mine is fantastic!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
simmonsmb said:
There are people still waiting and there car was built in august. I keep telling every one 4200 say's shipped but it's usuall not really shipped.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
zcellar said:

Bayed could also mean it's sitting at at a train depot.

·
Registered
705 Posts
simmonsmb said:
My car was built some 1300 units before yours, invoiced for over a month...ain't seen nothing. Seems the codes don't have any impact on shipping. Hope you get yours soon, begining to think that used Vette I looked at months ago would have been a good idea but the top down season is all but a memory for me now!

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is "snow?"

Andrew Jackson said:
To late here its going to SNOW tomorrow.
I live in the Phoenix area. What is this "snow" you all are talking about?

David

·
Registered
193 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Come on, AZ, everyone knows what snow is! Geez. :)

You go to the amusement park, have fun on all those rides, you get thirsty, you go get a snowcone! It's ice in a plastic cup liner with delicious flavoring. Try it, you'll like it!

Just don't eat the yellow snow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
talked to my dealer yesterday and the one built a week before mine has been bayed. He said thats a good thing, means it's passed Q.C. and is waiting transport. His was built around 10/14 and mine was on 10/20.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I gave up a few days before My 1145 was delivered. It was bayed, And I had had enough waiting and calling the Dealer. Two days later, I got a call from Brown Pontiac and was told they had a surprise for me. Ordered on 4/15/2005
Took her home October 6th. I think getting upset only wears you down. It will come, when you stop thinking about it. Mitch :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh, yeah . . . I forgot

gizmo2004 said:
Come on, AZ, everyone knows what snow is! Geez. :)

You go to the amusement park, have fun on all those rides, you get thirsty, you go get a snowcone! It's ice in a plastic cup liner with delicious flavoring. Try it, you'll like it!

It was sunny and in the high eighties yesterday as I drove around with the top down. Came home and read what "Snow" was, and now I remember. I used to get those things at Arizona State Fair every year. Every January I sit in the stands at Packard Stadium on the campus of ASU and watch great college baseball in the sun, and ask myself, "Gee, I wonder what they are doing in Fargo, North Dakota today?" Then everyone in my section says, in unison, "Shoveling Snow!"

Roadsters were created for Arizona Winters, and air conditioning was created for our summers.
David
Arizona

1 - 19 of 19 Posts