Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know MSRP starts at 20 G's and includes (should anyway) the delivery charge.

Lets say you live in California and you get some factory options and your options combined with the $20,000 MSRP come out to total $23,300.

What are all of the other fees involved other than tax and what do they typically run? Things like dealer fees, prep, DMV etc. It's been 8 plus years since I bought my truck new and don't recall what I paid in the fees and what all types of fees there were.

I'm trying to get a better idea of what the car would actually cost (out the door) here in CA, if the cost of the car with options was $23,300, which are the 3 major packages, polished wheels and floor mats and nothing else.

If you could tell me the types of fees and what you paid for each fee, that would help me a lot...

Yes I searched and couldn't find a answer. I thought I saw somebody posted a breakdown of their cars price but haven't had any luck finding it again. I wasn't looking for that info at the time I saw it and totally don't remember where I saw the thread.

Thanks

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSG_McKee said:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5921&highlight=dealer+fees

This thread may help and most DMVs (AL and GA for a couple) will tell you aprox how much the state (or county) tax is and list fees. However, the dealer "fees" seem to vary from little to alot, so I would recommend you get that in written at time of deposit. ;)

Yea that kinda helped.

There was one response to that thread that I was kinda looking for.....

msrp $24,180.
tax $1,693.
registration $60.
title prep. fee $20.
Doc.prep. fee $75.

Those fees and stuff listed above, seem totally reasonable to me. I had no idea what the DMV fees would will run. What do they call the fee they charge for washing, waxing and giving the car a check before ya drive off the lot?

·
Registered
215 Posts
cali costs

fizzer, out here on our state ( cali ) add approx. 12% to your total. It really depends on the county in which you live because some have a higher sales tax than others. In Alameda county as an example, our sales tax is 8.75 %. In your example at 23,330 you would add approx. 2,796 and come out with an out the door price of approx. $26,096. Again , your county tax rate might be different. That 12% includes DMV fees.

·
5,641 Posts
fizzer said:
What do they call the fee they charge for washing, waxing and giving the car a check before ya drive off the lot?
INCLUDED.

"Dealer Prep" is no additional charge, as it is included in the MSRP for the car from GM/Pontiac. GM/Pontiac pay the dealerships to prep the car.

You will see on a window sticker the following: "*Includes Manufacturer's Recommended Pre-Delivery Service".

Not being from California, I can't offer insight into the DMV Fees, Taxes, or other state required charges. A state web site may offer this information, or you can check with a dealership.

Dealership charges for document fees or other fees can and will vary by dealership. You should call (or email) the dealership you are going to buy from and ask them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, that helps. Thanks guys.

Looks like either way, it would be somewhere around $26,000 I was figuring on OTD, give or take a few hundred.

Close enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts