Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was just thinking how frustrated every one is, on waiting to get the soltice. I have heard so many stories of peoples frustrations obtaining the car, shipment delays not getting picked up by gm feeling pushed aside by the whole system, but the fact of the matter is GM has 2000 pontiac dealers in the USA, if for example each dealer got TEN solstices each that would be twenty thousand cars for the year. Thats the whole years production, Thats why it been so hard getting one .I have seen people cancel their orders others say they will never visit a gm dealer again. Unfortunetly we have to face the fact that GM only has the capacity to build twenty thousand solstices a year. We have to try to be patient and hope are obsession does not get the best of us :)

·
5,641 Posts
2,793 Pontiac dealerships per Automotive News Dealership Census 1/1/2005.

2,800 Pontiac dealerships per Automotive News Dealership Census 1/1/2004.

2,807 Pontiac dealerships per Automotive News Dealership Census 1/1/2003.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small Dealer said:
2,793 Pontiac dealerships per Automotive News Dealership Census 1/1/2005.
I was told of that number by a gm enginer who works at the milford proving ground. If automotive news is correct it will even be worse :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was told of that number by a gm enginer who works at the milford proving ground. If automotive news is correct it will even be worse :(
Last year it was over 2800 dealerships.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Yes, there are that5 many daeler but only 44 or so cars are made a day. The least they could do is finish and ship out the cars that are done before they make more.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MITCH said:
I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I got shut out, back on 4/15/05. Because my zip code started with zero.

I told G.M. to stick it. Forget the whole thing.

Brown Pontiac, (Saco Maine) was upset too. G.M. called Brown and told them if I wanted a car they would still get me one.

I wasn't in the first 1000, But. that was ok, 6 months later, I got the best Surprise and Car that I have ever owned.

I have owned at least a dozen new cars. The last G.M. car I owned, that I ordered from the factory, was a 77 Monte Carlo Landau. A beautiful Firethorn Red with a White top. Pretty Car. A real piece of JUNK. From day one the engine was junk. I hated G.M. since.

I love the Solstice, I love the Dealer, I love the Customer info line and support.

I started out with one day of G.M. aggravation, and I ended up with so much support and goodness, that I would do a Commercial for Pontiac, if they asked.

For the last 30 years, Cars all looked liked they were designed by a mad Russians.

Today I own an instant classic. A rare Beauty!

I Love my Solstice. And Pontiac has treated me like royalty.

It's kinda neat that my car is 1145, it doesn't leak around the roof, and they got all the bugs fixed. :) :cool: :devil: Mitch :cheers:
CONGRATS Good to hear some positve news :agree:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
dave clancy said:
Hi everyone, I was just thinking how frustrated every one is, on waiting to get the soltice. I have heard so many stories of peoples frustrations obtaining the car, shipment delays not getting picked up by gm feeling pushed aside by the whole system, but the fact of the matter is GM has 2000 pontiac dealers in the USA, if for example each dealer got TEN solstices each that would be twenty thousand cars for the year. Thats the whole years production, Thats why it been so hard getting one .I have seen people cancel their orders others say they will never visit a gm dealer again. Unfortunetly we have to face the fact that GM only has the capacity to build twenty thousand solstices a year. We have to try to be patient and hope are obsession does not get the best of us :)
I have no problem with their ramp up and production time. It was expected. The problem a lot of us have is the cars sitting on hold at the factory for over 5 weeks know with no updates from GM. Just the standered info (its on hold at the plant).
This is poor customer service on GM's part. I don't blame my dealer because he's not getting any more info either.

I can't believe GM has no idea of when they will have the problem fixed and get these cars on there way.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kenf said:
I have no problem with their ramp up and production time. It was expected. The problem a lot of us have is the cars sitting on hold at the factory for over 5 weeks know with no updates from GM. Just the standered info (its on hold at the plant).
This is poor customer service on GM's part. I don't blame my dealer because he's not getting any more info either.

I can't believe GM has no idea of when they will have the problem fixed and get these cars on there way.
I undersand your frustrations, I used to work at the GM orion plant, it opened in 1984 it was a new plant and the cadilac was new from ground up I remember the caddy was real slow to ship it. I remember it took at least six months before it ran smoothly. A up and running plant will ship at least ninety percent of build a day. That day will come sooner or later. Takes time to get things running at these new model plants.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Communication is the Key!

I understand the ramp up time, delays, issues, etc. But GM has no excuse for poor communication! The communication is what makes the wait ridiculous. :yesnod:

·
Registered
705 Posts
dave clancy said:
I think you may be missing the point, sure the wait is exasperating but it's the apparent lack of concern GM has shown I have a problem with. I EXPECTED the wait! It's the lack of communication!!! If you aren't a 1K'er you're dirt. Heck they even treated the 1K'ers somewhat shoddy. Is it really that much to keep those waiting informed? I guess so. Will the poor customer service make me cancel my order...most likely not. Will it keep me from buying a 12th new GM car, I'd say the jury is still out on that one but for the first time in my car buying life I'm thinking seriously about passing the General by on my next car. My GM card will certainly be staying in my wallet.

I purchased an item on the internet Friday for $220.00, according to the company I bought it from it will be here tomorrow. I did not even have to ask, they gave me a tracking number. GM, where is my now long built car? Is this really too much to ask?

·
Registered
108 Posts
kenf said:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Tell us they got the parts needed to fix the cars...
Tell us they expect to get to ours in XXX days/weeks.
Give us an ETA! Qualify it with the standard BS statement that it is an ESTIMATE and may be later than that....
HELL, JUST GIVE US A DATE TO LOOK FORWARD TO SO I"M NOT TRING TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM CALLING MY DEALER EVERY DAY! :brentil:

Mine had been built for about 4 weeks now and no one knows what the deal is. This is totally rediculous.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
At least they gave the first 1,000 gifts.

1. Being first delivered.
2. Collectors Box of Photos
3. Keychain
4. At least one e-mail discussing what was going on.

Gee, and I missed all that by 5 minutes (due to a typographical inconsideration), and I have nothing.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
At least they gave the first 1,000 gifts.

1. Being first delivered.
2. Collectors Box of Photos
3. Keychain
4. At least one e-mail discussing what was going on.

Gee, and I missed all that by 5 minutes (due to a typographical inconsideration), and I have nothing.
Ah, but you have your memories. :D

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Nice tribute, MITCH! Thanks. Your Solstice is damn cute!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
LUVnSOL said:
Yes, there are that5 many daeler but only 44 or so cars are made a day. The least they could do is finish and ship out the cars that are done before they make more.
It's actually 80 somthing a day right now two shifts.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MITCH said:
I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I got shut out, back on 4/15/05. Because my zip code started with zero.

I told G.M. to stick it. Forget the whole thing.

Brown Pontiac, (Saco Maine) was upset too. G.M. called Brown and told them if I wanted a car they would still get me one.

I wasn't in the first 1000, But. that was ok, 6 months later, I got the best Surprise and Car that I have ever owned.

I have owned at least a dozen new cars. The last G.M. car I owned, that I ordered from the factory, was a 77 Monte Carlo Landau. A beautiful Firethorn Red with a White top. Pretty Car. A real piece of JUNK. From day one the engine was junk. I hated G.M. since.

I love the Solstice, I love the Dealer, I love the Customer info line and support.

I started out with one day of G.M. aggravation, and I ended up with so much support and goodness, that I would do a Commercial for Pontiac, if they asked.

For the last 30 years, Cars all looked liked they were designed by a mad Russians.

Today I own an instant classic. A rare Beauty!

I Love my Solstice. And Pontiac has treated me like royalty.

It's kinda neat that my car is 1145, it doesn't leak around the roof, and they got all the bugs fixed. :) :cool: :devil: Mitch :cheers:
Mitch we have a 2001 Monte Carlo and love it! It's the best driving car we ever had. I like it better then my Caddy.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
deluke said:
Mitch we have a 2001 Monte Carlo and love it! It's the best driving car we ever had. I like it better then my Caddy.
The new Montes are so nice. Much has improved over the last 30 years. NICE! :devil: Mitch

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: I agree with sol it CT, just give me a bone!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts