Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to tell a 2006 from a 2009 Solstice Convertible by they way they look? I know the GXP looks different than the NA but if you see one on the road is there a way to say "that's a 2007" because?

I can't see any difference between the years but I also cannot find the ketchup in the refrigerator (the wife can though)..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
driving down the road - no

looking inside the car, some radios are different. The driver's seat as an up/down adjustment in 2007 and newer...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What he said ^^

There are some small interior differences but no exterior differences. There are also various engine/electrical differences - especially between 2006 & 2007.

UPDATE: I take that back (a little) 2006's used the fog lights as the DRLs, later cars moved to lower-intensity headlamps as DRLs - so that one (at least) is visible from outside.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Seat high adjustment is an option.

Non-black tops weren't available in earlier years - I want to say '09 and '10 only, but I could be mistaken.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
It would appear that the Tan convertible top was available during the 2008 model year, according to the 2008 print book.

:dunno:

·
Registered
351 Posts
interior door locks switches...it sure is a pain in the ass in my 06 not having them.I wonder if I can wire some into it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were crank windows standard from 06-09? They don't seem to be common but I have seen a few 06/07's with them.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Ray fun: Power drivers seat was standard equipment starting mid 2007. Not an option!

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I like tan tops.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
So far, the only EXTERNAL clues to the year of the car are DRL fog lights and tan tops.
Well a coupe top is a bit of a giveaway that it is a 2009...;-)

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Don't think a coup counts as a convertible :)
Well it certainly did for GM - it saved them millions of bucks that they'd have had to spend if the coupe had been considered an actual new body that required a separate approval process. Which I believe would have been the case had they welded the top on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I "know" about the crash testing and approval issues but never realized GM considered the coupe a convertible. That dang Lutz.:)

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Actually, I think that GM would have adopted any position that served their purpose and saved them money. Good question about whether their using the status as a modified convertible (but not modified enough to lose federal approval) correlated with how they viewed them internally. Don't know the answer, and based on recent interviews with Lutz, he seems pretty foggy about a lot of the details back then himself (which is OK at that age).

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Is there a way to tell a 2006 from a 2009 Solstice Convertible by they way they look? I know the GXP looks different than the NA but if you see one on the road is there a way to say "that's a 2007" because?

I can't see any difference between the years but I also cannot find the ketchup in the refrigerator (the wife can though)..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Easy visual cues:
Whip antenna early
No “shark fin” on sat radio antenna
Brake cooling vents on GXP by fogs
Dual exhaust on GXP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts