Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2006 pontiac solstice with just under 18,000 miles for $13,800 this past weekend. I'm looking forward to the modding process.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
She's a beauty, I've always loved that green. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looks nice! Used to see one that color with a tan top. If you're thinking of mods, does that inclued a paesley print vert top ( its OK if you're too young to get it :) )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice! Used to see one that color with a tan top. If you're thinking of mods, does that inclued a paesley print vert top ( its OK if you're too young to get it :) )
haha a little too young i guess. I'm going to start with removing the solstice decal and painting the front grill black. I think any major performance mods and major body work will have to wait till winter is over.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Congratulations on the FINE choice in colors! And, is that a color trim line running along the top of the fenders, accenting the body line? Never seen one on a Sol before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on the FINE choice in colors! And, is that a color trim line running along the top of the fenders, accenting the body line? Never seen one on a Sol before.
it does have a pinestripe on it that i will probably be removing down the road.

does anyone have advice on the best place to purchase some floor mats?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
eBay but be careful. I believe that the 2006 had the eyelet to anchor the mats in a different spot than later years. Just be aware that there may be a difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eBay but be careful. I believe that the 2006 had the eyelet to anchor the mats in a different spot than later years. Just be aware that there may be a difference.
grabbed some new mats for $25 off of eBay. They said they fit the 2006 so I can always claim wrongful listing if they do not have the proper eyelet.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice! I've been debating doing that to mine, I think you just sold me! Off with the letters! Your car looks great!:thumbs:
I left just the arrows and "gxp" on mine. I also took off the GM chicklets.

Just last week, a mid 40s guy came up to me and commented on the car and said he was going to get one just like mine in a couple months, yellow also...and before I could thank him, he asked if it was a 12 or a 13? I said as in 2012? He said ya....I asked him what kind of car he thought it was and his answer was boxster.....ugh...move on dude, I have to go.........

I prefer people ask what it is so when I say pontiac they act as if the never knew pontiac made something they would be interested in.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I still have the Pontiac logo on the steering wheel but that is scheduled to be replaced with the Punisher logo this winter.

Mine are hand painted so they look very different. But most people can easily tell its a Pontiac.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
The green is a classic, especially in combination with a tan interior, very British retor. Unfortunately they discontinued this before 2009 so it wasn't an option when I was looking for a coupe.

I like the black top better on green cars. Some have beige )(e.g. BMW Z3/4) but they often come off looking somehow dirty. I think the look with black is crisper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love the color!! Best of luck with your new ride. You will really enjoy it!! Our cars draw alot of attention.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts