Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one got the news on production of the cars. I have had my car ordered from day one (April 15,2005)and was told today the car may not be built. The dealer I am buying from had 7 cars sold, delivered 3 . I was supposed to be #5 now it may not be built. I am getting angry about the whole waiting process. For GM , a company that is in financial trouble hits a home run and cannot build sold units???? That is crazy to me. Maybe they are trying to get out the Saturn Sky ???? Fill me in if you have any thoughts.
Thanks
Frustrated in NJ :(

Managed to get some info today11-23-2005 & saw the VOM status sheet. The order was accepted on 4-28 & has been re-edited #2030 several times. The last re-edit was 11-15-2005. I believe the dealer is playing streight with me. Any one hear of any Quality control holds, There was a rumor of the Top mfg. going belly up also. I am in the North east and maybe one of the later posts were correct ,everything going south. Any further info would help .

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Has any one got the news on production of the cars. I have had my car ordered from day one (April 15,2005)and was told today the car may not be built. The dealer I am buying from had 7 cars sold, delivered 3 . I was supposed to be #5 now it may not be built. I am getting angry about the whole waiting process. For GM , a company that is in financial trouble hits a home run and cannot build sold units???? That is crazy to me. Maybe they are trying to get our the Saturn Sky ???? Fill me in if you have any thoughts.
Thanks
Hmm, if you have one of his first allocation it should get built. Maybe he meant that it won't be built this year (meaning 2005 calender year). Some cars GM had expected to get built by the end of December may be pushed back until after the first of the year.

Remember, GM has brought this car to market quicker than any car it has ever designed. They are also using some new manufacturing techniques and processes in this car. In going so quick, and trying new things, they appear to have run into a couple unexpected problems. But they also seem to be working them out well. This isn't like building another Silverado pickup for them. It's new, try to be patient! (I know, that is hard. The rollout has been very frustrating).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Something smells rotten. #5 of 7 in the dealer's first allocation or for the year???

First allocation should already be built and delivered, dealer might be playing games with orders (slipping in cousin Vinny).

Hit dealer up for straight answer...what "VOM" status is your order? Tell him to get sales mgr or GM to look it up (yes they can see the status)

Read this thread, it will help with their jargon:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will have to dig into this tomorrow and find out the real answeres.
If you have your VOMS number, or can get it, post it here. There are people on the Forum that can get information on it that your dealer chooses not to provide to you. It's a six character order number, sometimes all letters, sometimes letters and numbers.

·
2,574 Posts
Has any one got the news on production of the cars. I have had my car ordered from day one (April 15,2005)and was told today the car may not be built. The dealer I am buying from had 7 cars sold, delivered 3 . I was supposed to be #5 now it may not be built. I am getting angry about the whole waiting process. For GM , a company that is in financial trouble hits a home run and cannot build sold units???? That is crazy to me. Maybe they are trying to get out the Saturn Sky ???? Fill me in if you have any thoughts.
Thanks
Don't be in a rush to blame GM yet on this one. At least until you take the good advice given above about getting your VOMS #. The dealer should be able to discuss his allocation with you more specifically. Good luck getting answers. Remember that there is also a customer satisfaction # at GM available if you need it. Keep this forum posted for more guidance like above. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I was in the same boat

I was supposed to be 5th of 9 in first allocation, then found out my car wouldn't be built this year. I think the Northerners are getting screwed so they can send more cars to the sunshine states.

Maybe the South will rise again!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I was supposed to be 5th of 9 in first allocation, then found out my car wouldn't be built this year. I think the Northerners are getting screwed so they can send more cars to the sunshine states.

Maybe the South will rise again!

I have actually been told that a number of times.

I was even told that by the Pontiac representatives at the International Car Show two weeks ago at the Miami Convention Center. They basically said... "People up North won't need their cars..."

Kinda sucks... but I'm sure glad I live in Florida now...

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
mceb said:
Something smells rotten. #5 of 7 in the dealer's first allocation or for the year???

First allocation should already be built and delivered, dealer might be playing games with orders (slipping in cousin Vinny).

Hit dealer up for straight answer...what "VOM" status is your order? Tell him to get sales mgr or GM to look it up (yes they can see the status)

Read this thread, it will help with their jargon:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

Not necessarily delivered yet. I am first allocation and those cars are still being built until the end of November (mine was completed Nov 16). First allocation was for cars built in August, September, October, and November. They were preferenced until the end of October with what they expected could be built before the end of November.

Also a bunch of the first allocation cars were held up with the quality check and still have not been delivered.

Then again the dealer's allocation might have changed and they don't want to give up that information. :( Is that problem dealer list still available to see if his delaer is listed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts