Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Which confirms that anyone that bought an MSM for under 22K (or under 19K as many did) got a screaming deal for what we got versus what we paid. A lot of the upgrades (suspension and such) are standard for the MSM.

It will be interesting to see the pricing structure to get an apples to apples NC versus Solstice price with the performance upgrades.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is just a link to a (rather poorly designed) Mazda dealer web page. Maybe part of Mazda anti-Solstice ad campaign??

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Matt123 said:
It will be interesting to see the pricing structure to get an apples to apples NC versus Solstice price with the performance upgrades.
I think new NC will be in same boat as Solstice on price for a while, MSRP (or better). The discounts are on the NBs and MSMs to clear them out of inventory.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think I meant "counter-Solstice" . . . not "anti"

I think that that the Solstice and MX-5 buzz will make this a good year for roadster sales, but would not be suprised if the competition and stress on the competing dealers increased as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
mceb said:
I think new NC will be in same boat as Solstice on price for a while, MSRP (or better). The discounts are on the NBs and MSMs to clear them out of inventory.
I think the Solstice has more price pressure on it since it's America's first affordable sports roadster. The Solstice may attract a lot of impulse buyers on looks alone in addition to those who appreciate it technically.

Also, from what I gather on the Miata forum, many current owners are fiercely loyal to their current vehicles and some are criticizing the MX-5’s fender flares. So I think these factors may lead to less aggressive pricing for the MX-5.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
tcl said:
I think the Solstice has more price pressure on it since it's America's first affordable sports roadster. The Solstice may attract a lot of impulse buyers on looks alone in addition to those who appreciate it technically.

Also, from what I gather on the Miata forum, many current owners are fiercely loyal to their current vehicles and some are criticizing the MX-5’s fender flares. So I think these factors may lead to less aggressive pricing for the MX-5.
True since they have dozen years behind them. Anything "new" even a new generation is hot for a while on the demand side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Frosty said:
This is just a link to a (rather poorly designed) Mazda dealer web page. Maybe part of Mazda anti-Solstice ad campaign??
That link goes to the web site of the dealership that I work for. We use a template web site so I do what I can with what I have. I posted the info there so that I didn't have to post it in various places.

Yes I work for a Mazda dealer but I am not a salesman. Yes I drive a Miata but I really like the design of both the Solstice and Sky and competition can only be good for all roadsters.

I posted the specs and such here just to be helpful so don't look a gifthorse in the mouth. This was not an anti Solstice post or anything like that. You don't have to look at the rest of the web site if you don't want to whcih is why I made the link go directly to the page with the spec links. Sheesh!

Ren

·
Registered
533 Posts
renesis said:
That link goes to the web site of the dealership that I work for. We use a template web site so I do what I can with what I have. I posted the info there so that I didn't have to post it in various places.

Yes I work for a Mazda dealer but I am not a salesman. Yes I drive a Miata but I really like the design of both the Solstice and Sky and competition can only be good for all roadsters.

I posted the specs and such here just to be helpful so don't look a gifthorse in the mouth. This was not an anti Solstice post or anything like that. You don't have to look at the rest of the web site if you don't want to whcih is why I made the link go directly to the page with the spec links. Sheesh!

Ren
I appreciate you posting them (I first saw them on the Miata forum). It helped me with my order.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
dls6774 said:
It is interesting to see that A/C is standard on all models including the base...
Has been since 1999 in the US, IIRC. A few Sport models were available with an AC delete option.

I believe there are only to be three US trim levels now. Touring, Sport and Grand Touring. If so ABS, power windows, keyless remote, cruse control, fog lights, and floor mats are all also standard equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts