Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for any primary source documentation on the alleged 54 units of 2006 Solstice in RPO 34U Mean (yellow).

Many years ago, member 56XK140 posted a production list on this forum which indicated 54 units of 2006 Solstice in 34U Mean. To date, it has not been verified.

What do you know about the 2006 Mean (yellow) Solstice production?
Was 34U applied late in MY2006 production (prepping for 2007 SKY and Solstice production?), and therefore a high-2006 VIN?
Do you own a 2006 Mean Solstice?
If you worked at Wilmington, do you recall any 2006 Mean Solstice production?

Any MY2006 34U history is appreciated.
Cars are defined by Model Year they are assigned to and not by the Calendar Year in which they were built.

Model Year changeover typically happens in June or July meaning that roughly half of any Model Year's cars were built in the "wrong" year.

YourSolstice was built in Calendar Year 2006, but is a Model Year 2007 car. The last 2006 Solstice was built near the end of June 2006, and the first 2007 was built near the beginning of June 2006.
Thanks for the information. I guess mine is then part of the 2,738 painted in 07

·
Premium Member
5,163 Posts
Thanks for the information. I guess mine is then part of the 2,738 painted in 07
no guessing required... check the VIN. Does the VIN have a 6 or 7 in the year position ??

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7,775 Posts
a vehicle manufactured after June is the next model year. so if your car was made in October of 2006 it is a 2007 model year vehicle. I do not believe there are any actual 2006 model year Solstices that came off the assembly line painted in Mean Yellow. I bought the first Mean Yellow Solstice that was sold in New England and it was a 2007. I think that may be a good indication of there being no 2006 Mean Yellow Solstices made. You would think that if that many were made in 2006 that at least one of them would have been sold somewhere in New England.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a vehicle manufactured after June is the next model year. so if your car was made in October of 2006 it is a 2007 model year vehicle. I do not believe there are any actual 2006 model year Solstices that came off the assembly line painted in Mean Yellow. I bought the first Mean Yellow Solstice that was sold in New England and it was a 2007. I think that may be a good indication of there being no 2006 Mean Yellow Solstices made. You would think that if that many were made in 2006 that at least one of them would have been sold somewhere in New England.
Thanks everyone. I just bought the car Nov. the 7th this year. It has 30,051 miles on it. One owner and was pampered the whole time. I've had and built a lot of cars from muscle to street rods but this little indian just makes me smile if I drive it or just look at it in my garage. Have a Great Holiday season everyone. Looking forward to summer!

·
Premium Member
4,834 Posts
Remember that early January 2006 there was already a yellow Solstice shown (LA Auto Show).

This was a GXP, so on paper a MY2007.

It is likely this was a "fake" MY2007 GXP and it most likely had a MY2006 VIN and only the outer appearance of a GXP.

At least this proofs they where already painting Solstice yellow way before the first MY2007 VIN (including EX VIN) Solstice rolled off the assembly line.

Note: Be aware that in 2006 there where two LA Auto Shows

21 - 26 of 26 Posts