Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad luck last Saturday.
Lost control, went into a ditch a struck a tree.
Horrible ride, scary but able to walk away.

Car is now for sale. For anyone who wants to repair or part out.
Location 20 miles north of Cobourg. Which is 60 miles east of Toronto, Ontario.

2006 Pontiac Solstice Supercharged Convertible Damaged - Oshawa / Durham Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Oshawa / Durham Region Canada.

Supercharger $5000 two years old, Long tube header with free flow cat two months old $1100, Solo cat back stainless steel dual tip exhaust one month old $900. Car was still running when we came to a stop. Doors hood still close, lights all still work.
$7000 or best offer

·
Registered
572 Posts
It does not seem that bad from the pictures... What was the estimate on repairs because in my eyes it looks like only the front bumper is damaged, the front axles need replacement, and/or the wheel well is torn up. Maybe 5,000-10,000 in repairs. Not exactly sure from those pictures.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
What a shame. Nice looking car. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into getting it where you like it.

The damage looks fairley minor. How is the frame?

·
Registered
572 Posts
What a shame. Nice looking car. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into getting it where you like it.

The damage looks fairley minor. How is the frame?
That's what I'm thinking Rob, the hood/sides don't seem too rough, unless his WHOLE bottom is all scratched and banged up from the ditch (must of been a rocky ditch?) it should just be a new front bumper, a few minor parts, 2 front wheels, and maybe underneath repairs.

***Edit: Oh. Rob, his site mentions that he does not have the time nor money to repair it. That indication must mostly refer to time ... Then again don't you have an insurance policy that would work?

***Edit#2: Oh wow, I was right, the axle popped out (driver-side suspension broke). I have no idea how you would be able to drive it home in that condition.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Needs complete drivers side front suspension system, steering rack, front bumper. I do not know anything about the frame. Car came directly back to my house. No insurance claims, still clean title. I am not reporting this.
Fault blamed on road conditions.

Ditch was all grass. Nothing underneath is damaged.

Would not be able to drive away.
I do not owe anything on the car. Would have been in storage in another month anyways.
Who knows maybe if someone doesn't want to take it on, I will part it out in the spring.

Car has been replaced already by a new truck.

·
Registered
572 Posts
For shame, I would not mind having it as a fixer-uper but as you live too far away the cost of delivery alone would be over a grand or two.

Good luck selling it and wish you the best in the country with your truck! Take care & stay safe!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wow that is a shame, it certainly looks repairable.
I used to spend a couple of weeks a summer when I was a kid at Rice Lake.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Good that you're ok. I received my car in this type of condition. I rewelded the suspension, new Arms and knuckle. Then checked the frame and wheel and all was good. I then replaced the front bumper, fenders, hood and the smaller parts needed. It can be done. But you need the time to do it and money to do what you can't. I hope the sale goes well for you. It is a nice car still.

Do you have any extras that can sell out? trunk covers, shifter???

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Wow! I'm glad that you are both OK, and I can certainly understand the road conditions sending you into a ditch. When that happened to me, I was lucky to miss anything until I finished the slide back near enough to the road to drive out.

Good luck with the sale, someone who is handy in auto repair is going to get a great bargain.. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
7000 is not near enough for the parts alone. What Brakes do you have in it? I see a JPM shifter. The SC and header are worth 4000 Nice leather seats.

If I had an NA and wanted more power, I'd snap this up just to strip it out. Unfortunately ( for us both) I already have the expensive bits that are salvageable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just a thought if its cost of money to fix you should try selling some of the parts that are just cosmetic to help pay for the fix. I know it will take away from what you built it up to but you can always someday get them again. I for one would be interested in the side skirts and maybe the rear valence. But I see satchels inside the car along with other small things and the front spoiler lip someone else would want maybe. If you still have some of the original parts like the fenders sell them. little by little you could at least get half what it would cost to repair as long as its not too bad under there. No matter what is a shame and sorry to here about your baby. but if you deside to go that route contact me and ill help out with some of the parts at least. good luck with what ever you do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. Very kind.
We were very lucky the car didn't roll or the tree didn't strike the drivers door. I have thought about parting it out, but time, storage ect. Would rather sell the whole thing.
Would be nice for a member in Ontario to take it.
I will have the service manuals, Solstice Book, remote toy car and the 2006 -2009 slaes brochures to sell off later.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Spedee,
Really sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you and your wife are ok. I have always admired your Sol and the mods you have done. Hope the sale works out.
Good luck,
NS

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all.

Well Kijiji was not the best place to sell.
Numerous low ball offers, even a dirt bike trade offer.
Car will go into storage until next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts