Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Sorry Mike, just got out of the hospital yesturday, the Flu hit me very hard, I will try and post the pictures later today or tommarow weather permitting. I have never had the flu hit me so hard in my life, I must be getting old!
Sorry Mike, just got out of the hospital yesturday, the Flu hit me very hard, I will try and post the pictures later today or tommarow weather permitting. I have never had the flu hit me so hard in my life, I must be getting old!
Jeff - Sorry to hear you were in the hospital. My muffler issue can wait until you are fully recovered. Hope you are on a speedy path to recovery.

Mike

Jeff, I hope your feeling better soon . This flu can take a bit to get over . I went thru a bought with it in January .. It took me some time to feel back to normal. I hope ti goes quickly for you .

The bottom of the stock muffler rusted on my wife's 07 2.4. I bought a Dynomax 17283 stainless turbo muffler. It took my brother about 15 minutes to bend a short piece of stainless steel pipe and reuse the stock tailpipe tip. It's a little loud on acceleration, so I'm going to have him add a 12" stainless steel glass pack in the pipe, before the muffler as a resonator.

Had the DDM/Solo axle back muffler installed as well as the backbone brace......I love the exhaust note, reminds me a little of the Austin Healey that I remember...so, if you're on the fence about the solo muffler go for it.

I finally felt good enough to et some pictures of the muffler & Pipe, The P/O says it has about 70,000 non winter miles on it. That looks about right with some rust on the pipes & alittle on the muffler. Let me know if you are interested.
I took both top & bottom pictures, and a close up of the worst part of the muffler, but there do not seem to be any holes.
Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire Vehicle
Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

Wood Road surface Asphalt Wall Font
Tire Automotive tire White Light Automotive lighting

Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Tar
Automotive exhaust Road surface Gas Asphalt Cylinder

Hi there,

My 2007 Solstice needs a new muffler and GM has discontinued replacement parts. I have taken the car to the dealer and three independent shops and no one can find a muffler that will work other than a custom performance muffler that was not recommended as it would be "too noisy".

Has anyone had to replace the muffler on a base 2.4L Solstice? Any ideas on where I might find an original equipment new or used one or an aftermarket market muffler that would work on a Solstice? Any ideas are appreciated.

Fyi I live in the Detroit area and will have it shipped in from anywhere if I can find one.

Thank you in advance.

Mike
MagnaFlow makes great quality exhaust systems for pretty cheap. I have a magnaflow muffler for the 2.4 if you still need one. If you think a solstice is too noisy you should be driving a minivan 😂

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.