Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a 2007 Solstice with a 2.4 engine and a manual gear box. I am cheap, so what can I do to boost the ponies? Specifically, would any JETCHIP devices help? Also, what is the best performing cold air intake for this engine? Thanks!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,617 Posts
I am looking at buying a 2007 Solstice with a 2.4 engine and a manual gear box. I am cheap, so what can I do to boost the ponies? Specifically, would any JETCHIP devices help? Also, what is the best performing cold air intake for this engine? Thanks!
Inexpensive chip-type devices won't do anything for you. You can spend $2000 to $3000 in Cold air intakes, header, cat delete, exhaust and a custom/canned ecm tune and still see only 20 - 25 hp increase on a 2.4.

Spent $5000 - $7000 on a supercharger or a turbocharger and you will move the base engine into the GXP class, of course you have as much into the car as if you had bought the GXP in the first case.

There is no cheap horsepower in a 2.4 Solstice.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
A tune will give you better throttle response and the feel of more low end torque but on paper, the increase in HP is minimal. I'd do the poor mans CAI which will make it sound better and only cost you a few bucks and spend a couple hundred on a tune and love it the way it is. But if you haven't bought it, you need to test drive a GXP. I gaurantee you the up front money will be well worth it and the difference in performance is night and day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.