Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Im new here and looking for some help. About me, this is my first entry into small displacement turbo cars. My vehicles prior to this have all been pre 80s camaros, firebirds, and then of course new duramax pickups. I purchased an 07 GXP with 90k on it cash for 6k in pretty good shape, always liked the looks of these cars. I ordered from DDMworks the power pack, which included CAI, charge tubes, and trifecta tune, and ordered SOLO performance exhaust. Prior to install I flagged code P0101, and noticed my turbo would typically peak at 14, however periodically wouldnt excede 2 psi. I replaced the MAF, and installed the charge tubes, CAI, and have yet to install exhaust. After those were installed I took it for a short drive and gassed it up. This morning I started it to a very rough idle and it died twice, then idled ok for a few minutes then got rough again. I shut down the vehicle, and read the codes. <p2178, p0101, p050A. any advice¿

ps: I{m on my friends laptop and it{s a spanish keyboard so.... yeah, sorry for bad spelling and punctuation, everything I type is flagged for typos lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same codes and symptoms. How much boost should I be seeing? I am seeing sometimes up to 15 or 16 psi but under light acceleration I am seeing none. I hope it is not a cracked IC as I can't afford a new one right now. Can they be fixed with something like JB Weld?

·
Super Moderator
6,042 Posts
How stock is your car? P0101 is a MAF sensor signal problem and can be caused by a dirty MAF sensor. Oiled air filters can cause that.
I can't find the other two in the service manual.

Under light acceleration you may not see any boost, and in first (and maybe second) gear you are only going to see 10 psig maximum.
Full boost will happen in fourth gear and wide open throttle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How stock is your car? P0101 is a MAF sensor signal problem and can be caused by a dirty MAF sensor. Oiled air filters can cause that.
I can't find the other two in the service manual.

Under light acceleration you may not see any boost, and in first (and maybe second) gear you are only going to see 10 psig maximum.
Full boost will happen in fourth gear and wide open throttle.
Thanks, the car is bone stock. 95K on it. I just replaced the MAF, wonder if I got a bad one. The codes cleared up for about a week after I replaced it. I did change the spark plugs today. They were not fouled but the gap was pretty high, .050 to .055 on the gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts