Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great looking LS2 car, looks to have the big brake mod & Penske non adjustable shocks. Reasonable asking price of $24900.00 Many more pic's on E-bay

Not my car by the way.

Interesting to see it just has the single exhaust outlet like the 2006 conversions. Sell claims they converted #128 cars. I asked how they came up with that number? Seems reasonable a rate of about 2 cars a week for alittle over 2 years of actual conversion work before the 2008 Bankruptcy.

2007 Other Makes | eBay

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Cammer-nice find! I'm going to crosspost this to my V8 Kappa's For Sale thread.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Compline: That vehicle has 53 installed options returned in the build sheet. It was built September 25, 2006 as a 2007 model year. VIN 1G2MB35B37Y112749

I could find no information on the seller; Silver State Union 1.

This sentence makes me wonder how many of those miles were attributed to testing, and how hard the car was pushed for extended periods of time; Extensive track and street testing has been done to assure that this car handles better than stock on either a Sunday drive or on a road course.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Has anyone seen one numbered above 50?

CBM Motorsports | LS Engine Dyno Tuning and LS Chassis Dyno Tuning, ECM Programing

According to the owner of CBM, he bought between 45-50 of the engines removed from the Mallett cars. He was not exactly certain. His agreement was to buy all of them. He put them in sand rails. He was very aware of the Mallett situation I guess.

It seems we have had number 14 mentioned on the site since I started paying attention to them.

Would agree the Yamatr3 car is worth more as to mods. But the Mallett was warranted by GM and was affiliated with GM. That makes it similar to the Shelby stuff. I really don't know if it will ever have any affect on pricing though. I took mine out for a drive last week. Still under 11.5K on it. Still can't believe someone paid 65K for it in 2006. Did get a nice compliment on it at the gas station the other day.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Good price as long as the car is not beat but as others have said there is very little market for these cars .It will be interesting to see if it sells I'm half tempted to call and make an offer as I've always wanted a Mallet have to check with my financial advisor it would make a great addition to my fleet ! :grin:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car was over $55,000 when new with the conversion and the price of the car factored in, as much as I like my car I could not have paid that much $$$ for it when new.

For driveability I think it is a great package, I drove my car from MI to KY with outside air temps in the mid 90's stop and go traffic and had no overheating issues, The cruise did not work when I bought it, but a call to Ken the PCMDOC solved that issue for $75 by shipping the computer to NJ & Back. He also took car of the high idle issue I had at the same time.

The Ebay link has a "make Offer" link so it sounds like the seller is willing to talk on the price. So far I haven't had any major issues, but my car had the stock tunnel brace reinstalled when converted unlike other cars mentioned here.

It would be interesting to know what/if it sells for.

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Red your right Mallet marked his cars with the chassis number which in this case was an 07 V8 / year of body then 006 as the 6th car built in the series .From all the sources I have talked to including a guy that worked for Chuck when he was still in Berea Mallett's intention was to build 100 cars . From all the info that I have collected my guess is that he built 52 as he was also modifying Corvettes and starting to work on SUV's plus doing some developmental work for GM .

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Yamatr3 is a much better car than this one, with a lot more options for close to the same $$$.
His whole car is customize, plus is a 6 speed vs the 5 speed with most Mallet's. He also added the Qualify(spelling) diff to it.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Just my opinion the V8 cars are a hard sell in the first place they cater to a very limited market . Yamatr3's car has a lot going for it as far as all he put into it ,the build itself and all the extras that were added but he customized it to his tastes and not everyone may like the look add in the fact that the car has no heat and that limits the buyers to warm climates or someone having to get that part working . I'm actually surprised that the car has not sold but again we see this time and time again with a modded car . Just to add the Ebay car looks like it did not sell I'm seriously thinking about making an offer on it but I have to look at some issues as far as transporting the car back to Ohio ,getting it registered and insured and of course how much I'm willing to spend .

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Just my opinion the V8 cars are a hard sell in the first place they cater to a very limited market . Yamatr3's car has a lot going for it as far as all he put into it ,the build itself and all the extras that were added but he customized it to his tastes and not everyone may like the look add in the fact that the car has no heat and that limits the buyers to warm climates or someone having to get that part working . I'm actually surprised that the car has not sold but again we see this time and time again with a modded car . Just to add the Ebay car looks like it did not sell I'm seriously thinking about making an offer on it but I have to look at some issues as far as transporting the car back to Ohio ,getting it registered and insured and of course how much I'm willing to spend .
Definitely needs new tires. RSA's with an LS2... :surprise:

I think $18k is a fair price. Needs tires, dual exhaust, and a spoiler for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
That's the figurwe I was thinking of I'm doing some research on transporting the car and getting some info from the DMV as to what's required as far as passing the state inspection my only real concern at this point is the smog test .

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
The data plate is different on my Mallett. It says V8-004 07/06. Those exact numbers are on the firewall, the frame, the engine and the bell housing. It seemed like I saw one on the rear of the car somewhere, but don't remember exactly where it was. I also have the #004 in black marker inside the rear valance.

Several pictures of it with #001. This car belonged to a major investor in the company, is my guess. Victor Ventrocelli (close), don't have the paper work in front of me. It was not supposed to have been a test car, but the show car. I do have pictures of it at the Florida International Car show. SEMA is mentioned in some of the paper work, but never a confirmation if it went or not. But as to any real facts, nothing confirmed. Mallett Performance/Ventrocelli do not respond to questions or contact requests, and the 2nd owner has passed on.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The data plate is different on my Mallett. It says V8-004 07/06. Those exact numbers are on the firewall, the frame, the engine and the bell housing. It seemed like I saw one on the rear of the car somewhere, but don't remember exactly where it was. I also have the #004 in black marker inside the rear valance.

Several pictures of it with #001. This car belonged to a major investor in the company, is my guess. Victor Ventrocelli (close), don't have the paper work in front of me. It was not supposed to have been a test car, but the show car. I do have pictures of it at the Florida International Car show. SEMA is mentioned in some of the paper work, but never a confirmation if it went or not. But as to any real facts, nothing confirmed. Mallett Performance/Ventrocelli do not respond to questions or contact requests, and the 2nd owner has passed on.
The Data Plate looks like the one on my 2006 mounted in the drivers side door Jam. (aside from the numbers and date) Yours was a Prototype car correct? #004. So it may have a different data plate. I will post a picture of my door jamb plate when I remember to take a shot of it.

I know trying to get any info from Chuck is nearly impossible, he was ready to do any work on my car I wanted or needed, but no info forthcoming if I am not willing to pay for it I guess.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well it looks like my Doorsill Plate is a bit different than the 2007 Model that was for sale, my car is 2006 #024. I copied the 2007 #006 for easier comparison.
It looks like they added the model year before the number for 2007, also made the hand stamp area larger to accommodate the Model year it

then here is my under hood plate, just generic with no model or date info.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Just curious were you the the original Ebay poster or did you pick up the car to flip ? .I sent the person (? )who had the car listed for some info and never heard back from them .

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was waiting also, I don't think we will hear from him again unfortunately, but hopefully I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts