Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving back to NY and decided to sell my Solbra, which was built by Wade's Garage last year. It's Mean yellow with pearl ghost lemans stripes. The car has 30,000 miles on it and is excellent condition. Here is a link to more info and pics if anyone is interested. I've invested over $7g on top of the price of the car. First $19,500 takes it. The car is in Hubert NC. Feel free to call or text 910 546 0768 for questions. Thanks
John
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Custom #9 of 10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I average 32 mpg driving back and forth to work...half highway, half city. I've taken a few long distance trips to some shows, mostly highway, and got 36...confirmed by math. Stay off the boost, and she is an econo ride...drive it like you stole it and the mileage definitely drops. Ive never done less than 29 though, even with a weekend running autocross. All that power comes from 21+ lbs of boost, so stay off the pedal and it is sipping like any other 2.0 eco car.
Besides the fact there is no storage room, this is the perfect hotrod. I also have a 65 Cobra replica with a 600hp 408W, and it gets about 12...and has no AC. Besides the sound of the motor, I think the Solstice is way more fun.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If I am not mistaken this is the car
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
I really REALLY love that Solbra nose. The one thing I dislike about the outside of my car is the GXP's droopy nose. Detracts from the design IMO. The Solbra valance lifts it up and makes it more eager looking, plus fits the retro feel of the car better too - just compare the two in that last photo of Goat's.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The one I posted not the one for sale but I love it, that's my car next to it, looks better with the stripes and he has the surf board spoiler, I love that spoiler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No, that's not mine. I believe that was the second Solbra Wade built. I had him stripe mine with ghost stripes. I didn't like the white, and we had a Yellow Cobra with black stripes, so wanted something different.
The droppy nose is why mine was converted. My wife drove over a parking block the 2nd day I had it. Scuffed all the paint up on the nose. I used it as an excuse to have it converted while she was still in tears :sorry:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Not sure if this is too big to show, but here is mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

OK, that worked...so here are a few more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I agree, stripes definitely give the Solbra the complete look. It is really hard to tell in these pictures, but Wade nailed the ghost stripes...they glow like crazy when the sun hits them!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I have three weeks left to either sell the car, or just move it north with me and keep it. I lowered the price to $18,500. If anyone is interested, here's your last chance to get a crazy cheap deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts