Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Chicago, IL

Votes: 22 10.1%
  • Knoxville, TN

Votes: 16 7.3%
121 - 131 of 131 Posts
dengel said:
Sorry Solstice Chic, I guess the endless debate is getting to me...:(

I am fine with just about any location, so long as we rotate so that the those who live more on "the fringes" of the US can at least have an occasional opportunity to go to the National Meet without making it a two week vacation.
dengel, IMHO, you have it right! I believe rotation is the key, and I don't mean rotating around to the same places, either. The National meet should be in a different city each year, in each area of the country. I've been around for 53+ years and I have yet to visit every state. :)

I also believe that, as each year passes, a side benefit will occur: Attendance will rise. This is because once you give a group of folks the opportunity by proximity, they will have so much fun that they will be willing to travel a greater distance in the following years!

Remember, a democratic process doesn't please everyone all the time, just the majority. Making a decision by a majority vote in a poll is a democratic process - if we are going to take the time to participate in that, then we should be able to all agree that the majority rules.

Yep

I just want it to be cool, and in June, that's Colorado.

Cruising the continental divide, having to turn on the heater, ahhhh....
:agree:

While we are rotating the location maybe we can rotate the time of the year so sometimes it can be in the fall or early spring. I realize there are some with kids but this is a two seater and I know when my kids were small we use to go on vacations without them during the school year----

I will give you a *Trying For* - second week of June - prbly 14-17th - that is the *TARGET* right now.

That is about as good as I can do right now as I have not contacted any locations in any city for availability of facilities.

I think a poll should be provided for the date. Little more effort but fair to all.

I think a poll should be provided for the date. Little more effort but fair to all.
A previous poll had June on top ... I am guessing that the location would be needed to get down to a specific weekend. JMHO (due to getting "track time")

Thanks, I was outoftown for 4 weeks. Must've missed it, will go look for it.

Date and Location of National Meets

As the "Solstice" world matures with time it might be a good idea to have the convention around the "summer solstice" or June 21 every year just for planning purposes. I think that the location should from east, central and west venues to better accommodate everyone and allow people to see parts of the country that they wouldn't have other wise.

I would be happy to serve on a committee that sets up conventions. :seeya:

SOLMAN007

As the "Solstice" world matures with time it might be a good idea to have the convention around the "summer solstice" or June 21 every year just for planning purposes. I think that the location should from east, central and west venues to better accommodate everyone and allow people to see parts of the country that they wouldn't have other wise.

I would be happy to serve on a committee that sets up conventions. :seeya:

SOLMAN007
:agree: That was actually what many stated in the "Month Poll."

Where's Detroit?

I don't see Michigan on the poll. Why don't we head up to Detroit, pay a visit to GM Headquarters & say howdy to Bob Lutz & s'man?

I am not kidding! I've never been to Michigan. I hear it's shaped like a mitten, it has great fishing, and the lake looks like a fresh water ocean... :lol:

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.