Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turn on my air n nothing blows out. What do I need to do to get this working again. I cant find a car repair book anywhere for my car. Any anyone help me? This is my first time here.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I turn on my air n nothing blows out. What do I need to do to get this working again. I cant find a car repair book anywhere for my car. Any anyone help me? This is my first time here.
First thing to look for is a blown fuse. Pull the carpet back from the front of the passenger side footwell, There is a fuse panel under the carpet at the very front of the footwell. in the lid is a listing of fuse numbers and what they control. also, under the hood on the passenger side near the windshield is another fuse box which may or may not have a fuse for the HVAC blower motor. Third place to look (and this is a common problem) requires removing the glove box. Behind the glove box is a white plastic receptacle with a plug in it which may show signs of burning or heat damage. They are easily replaced.

·
Super Moderator
6,683 Posts
Hi Parris, welcome to the forum.

As Bill says, start with the fuse. There are some known problems with the blower, usually caused by operating it at max speed for extended periods. There is a connector than can melt and a resistor that can burn up. Descriptions of both, along with repair instructions have been posted here, so a little use of the search function will likely find them. Or someone who knows where they are will probably post the links.

A factory service manual is available here: Pontiac Solstice 2007 for $335.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
If the fuse and/or other suggestions above don't get you relief:

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
If the fuse and/or other suggestions above don't get you relief:

Post #13 shows you what I went through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First thing to look for is a blown fuse. Pull the carpet back from the front of the passenger side footwell, There is a fuse panel under the carpet at the very front of the footwell. in the lid is a listing of fuse numbers and what they control. also, under the hood on the passenger side near the windshield is another fuse box which may or may not have a fuse for the HVAC blower motor. Third place to look (and this is a common problem) requires removing the glove box. Behind the glove box is a white plastic receptacle with a plug in it which may show signs of burning or heat damage. They are easily replaced.
Thank you so much for the info. It helped a lot. It was plastic receptacle that had heat damage. I cleaned the wires and pluged it back in and it works great.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Thank you so much for the info. It helped a lot. It was plastic receptacle that had heat damage. I cleaned the wires and pluged it back in and it works great.
I think someone else already posted this already but a word of caution. Don't run the blower on the full speed position for extended periods of time. Also, that white receptacle is actually a resistor pack and is easily replaced and is readily available.

·
Registered
281 Posts
PM me and I'll give you a link to an online manual that you can download. Against the rules to post it here.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
If it was "heat damaged" I'd strongly recommend replacing it as Joybill said. Not to be a fear mongerer, but there were cases of fires in the Solstices. (Solstii?)

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
If it was "heat damaged" I'd strongly recommend replacing it as Joybill said. Not to be a fear mongerer, but there were cases of fires in the Solstices. (Solstii?)
This is on Ebay for $35.00. I would rcommend not using the crimp connectors but soldering the wires. It is on Ebay under PONTIAC SOLSTICE HVAC BLOWER RESISTOR.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts