Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I just re registered and was formally known here as SoCalSolstice although I haven't posted in awhile.

Is the title of this thread a good deal in your opinion?
I'm figuring these cars will only appreciate in value over time.

In almost "like new" garage kept condition.
Everything seems to work...top in good condition...chrome wheels.....oh...and its RED!!!

What ya think??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
GXP?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well took a long test ride in it today and decided to pass.....the manual top was VERY hard to latch back up!
I'm not a little guy and I couldn't push the latch area forward enough for the latch hook to grab the bar to pull the top closed...took 2 of us...the salesman and myself multiple tries to push the top together so it would latch.
Is it normally that hard to latch the top back into place??
I'm guessing there was something wrong with this top or it needed some kind of adjustment??

BTW...MPG on the highway was way better than it's rated....at a steady 65mph I was seeing 32/33 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
My top will be difficult to latch if it has been down for more than a day or two, but not usually if it has only been down for a short time.
One thing to watch for is a pinching of the fabric over one or the other doors when you put tit up. One of mine does this, the other never has.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Well took a long test ride in it today and decided to pass.....the manual top was VERY hard to latch back up!
I'm not a little guy and I couldn't push the latch area forward enough for the latch hook to grab the bar to pull the top closed...took 2 of us...the salesman and myself multiple tries to push the top together so it would latch.
Is it normally that hard to latch the top back into place??
I'm guessing there was something wrong with this top or it needed some kind of adjustment??

BTW...MPG on the highway was way better than it's rated....at a steady 65mph I was seeing 32/33 MPG.
you have to make sure that the windows are down a little while locking the top in place. Then after the top is locked you can put the windows all the way up.

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
you have to make sure that the windows are down a little while locking the top in place. Then after the top is locked you can put the windows all the way up.
Good point. I either have the windows all the way down or the doors open when I put the top up.

·
Premium Member
10,295 Posts
Your issue is the stuff in-between the top and the liner. Do the following lift the canvas and insert your hand and reset the material that folds in between the top and the liner, once you do this the top will close fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses folks!

I think I'm going to keep looking for the GXP model.......the base 2.4 doesn't have enough "punch" for me.
260hp VS 177 is quite a difference, not to mention the torque!

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for the responses folks!

I think I'm going to keep looking for the GXP model.......the base 2.4 doesn't have enough "punch" for me.
260hp VS 177 is quite a difference, not to mention the torque!
You are certainly not alone in that belief. I happen to enjoy driving both of mine equally.

Good luck in your search, the car you want is out there.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I know on one of my 2007 GXP 'S i had i had to replace the rear axle pinion seal. I'm not sure if this was a recall or not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know on one of my 2007 GXP 'S i had i had to replace the rear axle pinion seal. I'm not sure if this was a recall or not.
If thats the only weak point of the GXP I'd be ok with that!

Would you say the 2.0 Turbo is as reliable as the 2.4 Ecotech?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
The GXPs run just a little bit hotter... not sure why? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts