Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this car for about a year now and just In recent months the car started draining the battery after one day of not starting. I have bought a new battery and still had the same issue. There is a drain going on for sure but tracking it down is not easy. I went through every single fuse and nothing is staying on. The only fuse that made a difference was the Onstar/rke fuse in The engine fuse box. Anyone know what that fuse is? It didn’t kill the drain but when I pull it out the drain fluctuates up and down. Other than that I cannot eliminate it completely. Anyone had this problem before? Been struggling since November to figure this out

·
Super Moderator
7,002 Posts
Another thought: You have a new battery, but are you sure that it is a good, new battery. It is rare, but new batteries (and other things) can be bad out of the box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I unplugged the the battery and read the current from ground and negative post of the battery but leaving the positive connected. Nothing except that Onstar fuse changed anything.

it is a new battery and I did swap it out for another one a week after I got it. Also replaced the fuse box thinking it was shorting out but no change. I don’t have an aftermarket radio or anything else aftermarket except retrofits but unpluging the hid harness and halos makes no difference in the draw

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Yea I unplugged the the battery and read the current from ground and negative post of the battery but leaving the positive connected. Nothing except that Onstar fuse changed anything.
Don't forget that the current normally remains quite high after you switch the car off. You need to leave your meter connected and wait 15-20mins until the anti-drain circuitry kicks in. THEN see what the current reads. Should be no more than 30mA (15-20mA nominal).

(Note: any time you disconnect/connect the battery - e.g. by dis/connecting your meter - the anti-drain will reset, so you'll have to wait ANOTHER 15-20 mins)

See this also: mirror leds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts