Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a mint cond GXP today 17K.I have a few questions.

1) It supposed to have the Solstice performance package according to the owner.Under the hood I do see GM Performance air intake pipes that lead to a GM Performance air box (K&N Filter) How would I know if they did the reprogramming? He said it has 290HP.
2)Second after coming from my Miata with a big brake kit, I did some backroad driving on the way home the brakes seem to get fade and get hot. Has anyone done big brake kit? I'm not looking to make a race car like my Miata was but just a few upgrades.Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
if a dealer installed the GMPP, there will be a "premium gas only" sticker on the gasoline door. You could also check a GM dealer to have them run the vin and check service history. That should show the gmpp work. I do not know of any visible indications that the programming was or was not executed.

I do know that the car I have GMPP on runs VERY smooth. It is a joy.

check DDMWORKS.com for brakes. There are other choices too that I am sure others will chime in about.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Welcome to the family, and the forum.

The GMPP tune will use different MAP sensors. The originals are retained by two screws, the replacement sensors only use one.

An aftermarket tune may or may not use the stock sensors.

You can also test by driving the car, since one with a tune will develope significantly more boost.

Your first step for brakes may just be better brake pads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the fuel door it has a silver sticker that says use Premium Fuel. If I looked for the map sensors where would they be located? They car is pretty dang quick it almost doesn't feel stock but I haven't driven another one to know. I'm glad I bought it though, they run really nice. I bought mine yesterday not a mark on it garage kept its like it was on the lot yesterday .If I got the performance upgrade in it already, it was a sweet deal

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Kappa brakes (as long as they are in good working condition) but the pad material you have may be substandard. As John said, a change of pads will probably improve your brakes to what they should be.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
You'll see one MAP sensor on the driver's side charge pipe coming from the intercooler heading to the engine intake... the other sensor is on top of the intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts