Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac solstice. It has started this hard jerking when I slow down and apply brakes. Does anyone know what the issue is?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,444 Posts
I am going to assume you have an automatic transmission. If so, the problem is most likely to be a bad intake and/or exhaust VVT solenoid. They are mounted on the front part of the engine between the intake and exhaust camshafts.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
like DaveOC said. If your car is an automatic, that could be the problem. Good news is they are cheap and easy to replace. Pull the plastic tupperware cover off the engine and they sit right on top of the engine at the very front. unplug the electrical connector take out one screw (10mm socket if I remember correctly) and they pull right out.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
VVT solenoids sounds scary. Actually, they are fairly cheap and easy to replace. About $50 for both, and 20 minutes to remove two bolts, swap them out and rebolt them.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
VVT solenoids sounds scary. Actually, they are fairly cheap and easy to replace. About $50 for both, and 20 minutes to remove two bolts, swap them out and rebolt them.
:) Well, that's true if you don't have the engine cover in place. Otherwise, it's another 1/2 hour to unclip the cover & wrassle with the wiring and felt cover before you GET to the darn things.

Good reason to throw the darn cover away, IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
part numbers ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts