Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2007 sostice

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  firsttimeowner 
#1 ·
I just purchased 2007 solstice
I noticed on the steering wheel audio controls the mute button has a phone emblem on it . does this mean i have bluetooth??? and if i do how does it work i have a iphone.
thanks

#2 ·
The 2007 didn't have Bluetooth but the previous owner may have added it or maybe he just added the button.

#3 ·
blue tooth

ok then since there are two buttons with it, if he had the nav radio would that explain it??? also where can i find the build codes for 2007 or the window sticker so i would know what the car came as instead of me guessing???
i saw one on here for 2006 model but cant remeber where i saw it or how i found it
thanks

#5 ·
The Bluetooth is part of the OnStar module (not the radio). It is possible he swapped it out (I did on mine), but rare. Most of us that did it lost OnStar as a result, since the commonly found OnStar+Bluetooth VCIMs are not fully compatible with Sol/Sky.

Anyway, easiest way to verify is to attempt to pair a phone. If you can get past step 3 you have Bluetooth:

Pairing a Phone
1. Press and hold [large button on right w/talking face] for two seconds. The system responds with “Ready” followed by a tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth”. The system responds with “Bluetooth ready” followed by a tone.
3. Say “Pair”. The system responds with instructions and a four digit PIN number. The PIN number will be used in Step 4.
4. Start the Pairing process on the cell phone that will be paired to the vehicle. Reference the cell phone manufacturers user guide for information on this process.
Locate the device named “General Motors” in the list on the cellular phone and follow the instructions on the cell phone to enter the four digit PIN number that was provided in Step 3.
5. The system prompts for a name for the phone. Use a name that best describes the phone. This name will be used to indicate which phone is connected. The system then confirms the name provided.
6. The system responds with “<Phone name> has been successfully paired” after the pairing process is complete.
7. Repeat Steps 1 through 7 for additional phones to be paired.

#6 ·
My 07 has the bluetooth button too. But its because I swapped out the black leather steering wheel for the red and black 09 Opal GT steering wheel. The functionality is unchanged for the button but I dont have OnStar or bluetooth.

I am adding the OnStar for your car which has built in bluetooth. I have it on three of my other vehicles and like it a lot.

#9 ·
looks like your right, i removed the carpet on the pass side because the carpet was wet( will be doing a chalking job on the fire wall soon) and when i saw the fue block there was a hot wire that went to nothing but was routed to the location of the radio. so seem that a owner down road had a after market radio in it. I have the parts already to adapt the steering controls to the new radio when i get it. Via a friend that sells the stuff. Once i take out the old radio i shall see what up.

#10 ·
Remember, the Solstice (& Sky) play all the warning chimes, turn-signal sounds, etc., through the radio. If you go to an aftermarket radio, you'll need an interface module to get those back (like GMOS-100, or others). Plenty of posts here on stereo replacements, for info and help.

#13 ·
Can't remember the numbers and my car is in the body shop right now, so can't get to the receipt. A good sound shop will know the right cable to interface with the GM BCM and allow the signal clicker to keep woring, etc. Above that, I am reccomending you have a cable routed from the head unit to your glove box to plug in your I-phone. The right cable will also allow you to plug in a USB device there as well. That way you can play music and video off a thumb drive and when desired, charge your I-phone. It also gives you better functionality of I-phone data, such as phone books, photos, video, etc.

#18 ·
new radio

so once i mount the frame that comes with the radio i can put back the dash and then just slide in the radio and put on the adpter cover?? i can then take out the radio any time without removing the dash again??????
seems like some parts didnt show up today so i will be a little behind of scheldule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.