Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The other thing is when you are bypassing the startup sequence by jumping the starter solenoid the TDM has NOT been instructed to send the fuel continue password so it is not going to do that. You cannot start the car and have it stay running by jumping the solenoid unless the key is turned to start at the exact same time that you jump the starter solenoid. This way the TDM is going to know to transmit the fuel continue password to the BCM. If you have 2 people you can try doing that and see if the vehicle stays running. It should if you get the timing correct. TDM = Theft Deterrent Module which is the passkey 3 and passlock 2 controller.
Tried this did not seem to change how long it runs after starting by jumpering the starter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So kgschlosser sent me a bunch of info and things to check most of which I haven't gotten to. So I am very thankful for his support.

Tonight I got the car in the shop and checked all the fuses and the crank relay. Checked that I am getting fuel pressure, which I am but only after a key cycle, not in the crank position continuously.

I checked the ground at the front of the engine that seems to give a lot of trouble. I looked for chafed wiring and did not find any.

My friend brought his scanner over and he could not connect with his either. I'm starting to feel like this is somehow related to the no start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7,118 Posts
there are 2 clips that are located underneath the under hood fuse box. Take the wheel well liner out and the fender off and then you can get to them. Unplug them and plug them back in 10 times each. This can be a location for corrosion and the data wires run through that clip.

Let me confirm that when you turn the key to start the engine does not crank correct? If that is the case then the fuel pump is not going to turn on when turning the key to start. The fuel pump is controlled by the ECM so if the ECM is not seeing the car in park or neutral then you are going to get a no crank and no fuel pump running condition.

If you look there is a single wire that is attached to the ECM that comes from the transmission. I believe the color is orange with a black stripe. If you supply gound to that wire and then start the car I will bet you the car starts right up.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts