Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it but live in the backwoods country and there is NO ONE capable of fixing my car. Had brand new GM intercooler put on and now it got up to 260 when I took it to town and I can't figure out why all of a sudden. Engine fan is working but too many idiots here and no one who wants to even touch it. I want 5000.00 OBO for it but I know it's an insignificant fix because the last repair was dealer put a new temp sensor on it ...I just don't want anyone to mess it up worse so I parked it . It deserves a better owner than anyone around here. I just don't know enough about mechanics to keep on having bad luck ...I'm DONE!!! The body is in great shape and so is the motor and trans. Nice wheels, Good tires , and top is perfect . It really is a little creampuff!!!

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
where is the car located ? how does a person contact you ?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
More than likely you have air in your system. There are a couple different ways that folks use to get the air out. It would be a shame to sell your car if that is indeed the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More than likely you have air in your system. There are a couple different ways that folks use to get the air out. It would be a shame to sell your car it that is indeed the issue.
I love it but live in the backwoods country and there is NO ONE capable of fixing my car. Had brand new GM intercooler put on and now it got up to 260 when I took it to town and I can't figure out why all of a sudden. Engine fan is working but too many idiots here and no one who wants to even touch it. I want 5000.00 OBO for it but I know it's an insignificant fix because the last repair was dealer put a new temp sensor on it ...I just don't want anyone to mess it up worse so I parked it . It deserves a better owner than anyone around here. I just don't know enough about mechanics to keep on having bad luck ...I'm DONE!!! The body is in great shape and so is the motor and trans. Nice wheels, Good tires , and top is perfect . It really is a little creampuff!!!
I live in NE Texas sorry forgot to mention that and any serious offer 903-703-8206 thanks..Carol

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Carol. It sounds like you may miss your solstice if you let it go. I always had a soft spot for yellow after owning one. Good luck with your sale

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carol. It sounds like you may miss your solstice if you let it go. I always had a soft spot for yellow after owning one. Good luck with your sale
I do but I just can't trust anyone to work on it and I tell them to always check this website because y'all have a wealth of knowledge but I'm just a woman what do I know, and the fact that there is someone who will be able to make it something greater than what it is drives me to sell it also. I would rather them have it. I think I would be better off around here with a 1985 Ford Bronco with lift kit and mud tires 😁 I wanted to say thank you though for your sentiment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts