Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Your prices are really reasonable. I just bought a drivers door for my Solstice, It was 300.00 for the door 100.00 for the glass, 100.00 for the window regulator and yet another hundred for the handle and door lock actuator and finally 80.00 for the mirror. I paid for separate shipping on each piece even tho they were coming from the same place and they turned around and put the door back together (badly) and shipped it as a single piece and still charging me all of the individual shipping prices!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have done this in the past and you can as well. Call several of the larger body shops in town and let them know what you have. If my insurance company was able to locate a top and top frame for my car it may not have gotten totaled. The top frame can no longer be bought as a single unit and is instead a bunch of smaller components and some of them are discontinued. The left and right side B pillars are over 1000.00 each when they are new.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That was the cheapest door I could locate. Most were 500+ and still didn't include any of the other parts. The one I got was also the same color as the car and didn't have any dings, dents, scratches or chips. The color was slightly different due to the paint fading on my car from being at 8000 ft elevation.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It may be the same for the Sky, On a Solstice a door can be purchased. It is 2 pieces and needs to be welded together, LOL. And the cost of the 2 pieces for the door is over 1000.00 again with no additional pieces and then you have the labor to get the thing welded together. When viewed that way the price I paid was actually cheap!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Was the passenger side headlamp assembly completely destroyed? did the reflector and the projector survive?? I would be interested in the drivers side if the passenger side reflector and projector are still in tact.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts