Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has come to part ways. :cryin:


2008 Saturn Sky Redline. $17,300.00. Bluestone, 5 speed with black leather interior. Currently has 54,XXX miles. New engine installed at 43,727 (July 2011) miles due to piston ring failure in cylinders #2 and #3. New turbo installed Jan 26 2013. Car has following additions: DDM backbone, GMPP tune (290hp/340tq), chrome billet grille, chrome wheels, color matched shift console, Magna-Flo cat back exhaust. Tires still have 10k-15K miles of life on them.

Can't post attachments but you can see pics on the Sky Forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Look at the bright side. New engine and new turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is now listed on Cars.com and Autotrader.com. Listed at $17,495.00 but will sell to forum member at reduced price of $16,745.00!!! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm, you keep yours and sell hers. Sounds equitable to me :D
Her idea, not mine! She was ready to move on to something different. Question now for me is do I keep the GXP and stuff a V8 in it or sell it for a ZL1 or SRT8 Challenger. Decisions, decisions.

Great news is I got a call today from a local who wants to see it so with any luck it's SOLD!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Did GM did the engine and turbo? Assuming warranty paid. Have documentation?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,399 Posts
If it was done under warranty then GM did it.

If you have the vin number you can pull a copy of the history file from any GM dealer where it will be fully documented.

If you are a serious buyer and want to pull the record, ask the OP to send you a copy of the report or the VIN so you can run a carfax and get a report pulled by your local GM dealer.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did GM did the engine and turbo? Assuming warranty paid. Have documentation?
Yes, the engine was covered by the drivetrain warranty. As for the turbo, the warranty on the car had just expired the week (go figure) before so I ended up paying 40% of the cost and GM paid the other 60%.

Funny thing is when I printed out the Car Fax there was no mention of the engine being replaced but the turbo repair shows up. Kind of makes you wonder just how much value a Car Fax really is... I do have all the paperwork for the engine replacement however! I Also have the documentation for the turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was done under warranty then GM did it.

If you have the vin number you can pull a copy of the history file from any GM dealer where it will be fully documented.

If you are a serious buyer and want to pull the record, ask the OP to send you a copy of the report or the VIN so you can run a carfax and get a report pulled by your local GM dealer.:thumbs:
Thanks Rob. I'd be happy to send him a copy of the Car Fax but for some reason (I guess GM didn't report it?) the engine replacement is not showing on the Car Fax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had a very nice detail job on the car. If the wife sees it she may just change her mind! Damn near looks new!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta bump this after some close calls but no sale. Price dropped to $16,500.00. Someone give her a new home!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top