Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 pontiac solstice GXP Turbo with less than 8000 miles . I am the original owner I purchased the car brand new in 2008. The vehicle has been maticulously maintained and garage kept. The vehicle has rarey seen rain and never been driven in snow or ice. The pictures attached do not even do the veehicle justice. It is a beautiful car. I never wanted to sell this car, going thru a terrible time in life and have no choice. I will consider a reasonable offer and have a very good idea what the vehicle is worth, will welcome opinions from some of the experts on this site. I will not answer, and listen to any nonsense, serious inquiries only. Thank you. I have many other pictures available and will be happy to answer any serious questions, the car is beautiful .

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
standard or automatic and where is car located?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The price depends on how fast much you want to sell it . I bought a 2007 gxp with 5200 miles for 10 k. I think I got an outrageous deal . If yours is as nice as it looks you should easily get 15k quick.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Beautiful car... any mods? GLWS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The vehicle is direct from the factory, no modifications. I did not put a price in the ad I wanted to here what the experts on this site felt the vehicle was worth, and was looking for your recommendations. Yes, the vehicle is in excellent shape, truely a beautiful car. Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your Solstice

2008 pontiac solstice GXP Turbo with less than 8000 miles . I am the original owner I purchased the car brand new in 2008. The vehicle has been maticulously maintained and garage kept. The vehicle has rarey seen rain and never been driven in snow or ice. The pictures attached do not even do the veehicle justice. It is a beautiful car. I never wanted to sell this car, going thru a terrible time in life and have no choice. I will consider a reasonable offer and have a very good idea what the vehicle is worth, will welcome opinions from some of the experts on this site. I will not answer, and listen to any nonsense, serious inquiries only. Thank you. I have many other pictures available and will be happy to answer any serious questions, the car is beautiful .
Hey Mark,

Love the car! I have been saving up all throughout college to stop driving the 1997 Toyota beater that I have been driving since I have been 16. I have been scouring the internet for something clean and low mileage because I am a young, aspiring pilot and need something that will not keep me in the garage late at nights fixing things. I would be so honored to see what you would take for the vehicle! I have saved up and can pay cash if that adds any additional value to you on your side of the deal. No loan, no bank needed. I can afford to offer an offer of 8500, possibly $9,000 if I can see the car and test drive it. Please get back to me when convenient, my number to text or call is SIX-1-5, SIXSIX8-ZERO-796

Cheers!

Daniel Vincent from Nashville, TN. Recent graduate from Middle Tennessee State University

·
Registered
73 Posts
@DanVince, 6 days after you posted that you could possibly afford $9K for Mark's car, you again posted your phone number in this thread. We can all assume Mark did not contact you after your first post. What this means is that if you want to buy the car you will need to offer more than you can afford. Dan I want to see you get a nice GXP and my advice is to use private message and then phone to negotiate your purchase. If I thought Mark would sell so low I would simply offer $9001 to buy the car myself.

Ordinarily I would not chime in on my thoughts about pricing on a for sale ad, but in this case Mark said, "...will welcome opinions..." I am posting in the hope of saving Mark from having to sound negative about this very public and upbeat (lowball) offer. Dan if your offer is in the right ballpark but slightly low, you will likely elicit a counter offer. Then you will have enough information to know if you should spend time traveling to see the vehicle.
@MarkB2008, you gotta expect lowball offers when you don't mention an asking price. I hope you were ready for this and it does not upset you. I have heard of people taking insult from a lowball offer. On the other hand, even when you mention an asking price you have to be ready for lowball offers, just part of the reality of selling a car. GLWS!

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
@DanVince, 6 days after you posted that you could possibly afford $9K for Mark's car, you again posted your phone number in this thread. We can all assume Mark did not contact you after your first post. What this means is that if you want to buy the car you will need to offer more than you can afford. Dan I want to see you get a nice GXP and my advice is to use private message and then phone to negotiate your purchase. If I thought Mark would sell so low I would simply offer $9001 to buy the car myself.

Ordinarily I would not chime in on my thoughts about pricing on a for sale ad, but in this case Mark said, "...will welcome opinions..." I am posting in the hope of saving Mark from having to sound negative about this very public and upbeat (lowball) offer. Dan if your offer is in the right ballpark but slightly low, you will likely elicit a counter offer. Then you will have enough information to know if you should spend time traveling to see the vehicle.

@MarkB2008, you gotta expect lowball offers when you don't mention an asking price. I hope you were ready for this and it does not upset you. I have heard of people taking insult from a lowball offer. On the other hand, even when you mention an asking price you have to be ready for lowball offers, just part of the reality of selling a car. GLWS!

@Alannn, you may think it's a lowball offer, but before you go attacking (albeit mildly) a perfectly serious offer from a young guy, you might try looking it up on KBB. I did, and for a Monsoon car (I assume) they give a Private Party Range $7,068 - $9,347. Now you can poo-poo KBB and you can think or hope that our cars are worth more than that, but an offer of $9K is right up near the top of that range. Also note that KBB usually gives higher numbers than NADA.

·
Premium Member
10,305 Posts
There are cars here with a lot more mileage going for a lot more. I do not know your situation, but I would not take less than 16K for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Alannn, you may think it's a lowball offer, but before you go attacking (albeit mildly) a perfectly serious offer from a young guy, you might try looking it up on KBB. I did, and for a Monsoon car (I assume) they give a Private Party Range $7,068 - $9,347. Now you can poo-poo KBB and you can think or hope that our cars are worth more than that, but an offer of $9K is right up near the top of that range. Also note that KBB usually gives higher numbers than NADA.
TS, I looked at KBB and find higher Private Party Range than 7-9K even when selecting fair condition needing repairs. I can only guess you did not enter 8,000 miles and GXP.

But either way my opinion is it is likely worth more. This thread can handle other opinions that differ from mine. Seller welcomes our opinions.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
So what is the 'magic' price...

·
Registered
126 Posts
The vehicle is direct from the factory, no modifications. I did not put a price in the ad I wanted to here what the experts on this site felt the vehicle was worth, and was looking for your recommendations. Yes, the vehicle is in excellent shape, truely a beautiful car. Thank you for your feedback.
Great Specimen! I have the same but 07. I would hope for between 12,000-15,000 if I were to sell today. But everyone has there reasons to sell and offer and accept on both sides of a sale so maybe we should not be too quick to judge. Besides like someone already said, you do open the door to all offers when you don,t state your price first.
GLWS I hope you get a great price!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
So what is the 'magic' price...
Since you are asking opinions...I personally wouldn't let his car go any lower then $13,500. I have followed pricing on these cars for 4 years as I've been on the fence with mine for that long. KBB is NOT a good source for our cars. I was low balled by a dealer 3 months ago that offered me $2500 for my car.... I laughed and hung up. He contacted me through an add I had out there when I was considering selling mine. Let me give you the low down here.... Here are several factors that determine the price of the car.....

Let's look at all cars.

Using an average of about $6000 for an '07 GXP (avg miles of 60k, black, 5spd) and about $3500 for an '07 NA with 60k; trans seems to not matter at this point.

Mileage:
10k-25k - gives an extra $3000-$5000
26k-50k - an extra $1500
51k - 90k - avg price to $1000
91k - 120k - minus $1000 to $3000 depending on maintenance history

Location....
upper, east midwest (MI, OH, IN, WI, IL) seem to command an additional $1000
rest of midwest - minus $1000
Sourthern "hot" states (TX, FL, CA, AZ, OK, GA) - minus $2000
northeast (except NY) - minus $1000 (NY $1000)
Upper west - avg

GXP - $2500
NA - avg

Color:
yellow (from MN to NY, down to Kentucky) - $2500
orange (from MN to NY, down to Kentucky) - $1500-$2500
red - $1000
Lt blue - $2000
black, white, silver - avg
grey, green - minus $1000

So with my chart (i've posted this before but couldn't find it!!) you're looking at about $14500 as a starting point. Of course with his low miles, he shouldn't go lower then about $13500. Now he said his car is unmolested, so you might add $1000 because unmolested cars are getting harder to come by......

So Mark, you're looking in a price range of a GXP with about 80k on it for $9k, or an NA with about 25k on it for about $8k......normal color, nothing flashy like yellow or orange. You are also looking for a convertible as coupes are way out of your price range.... **Remember, this has been my experience and research on these cars...its not official, but it's close)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts