Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,379 Posts
They were originally provided by GM Accessories, which went away with the bankruptcy in 2009/10. They were only available back then for the base model Solstice. All of which doesn't get you what you want, and I don't know where to suggest you search.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Welcome to the forum . I went with a clearbra paint protection called 3m film a few years ago & so far has held up quite well. Actually i had the whole car done with 3m film.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Where can I find a black bra for my Solstice, I"ve looked everywhere
is there a reason you want this particular item ?
( as opposed to none, or the clear bra film ? )

I got the feeling that , from being here a while, that most folks around here do not care for the appearance of the black bra, and want to see the car's natural beauty.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
As mentioned above by Dave these things are far and few inbetween and were never made for a GXP as far as the GM ones which are the only ones that fit well . I remember a member years back who bought one for an NA and had it modified by an auto upholstery shop to fit correctly . If that's the direction you want to go they do pop up occasionally on Ebay or check the parts classified on the forum , they made two one with a provision for a front plate and one without . I have had one on my car since new I like the look ,fitment ,and protection it provides and I can remove it anytime I want for a different look . To add :The GM part numbers are 19202136 without provision for front plate / 17803120 front plate provision .Hope this helps .

·
Registered
968 Posts
is there a reason you want this particular item ?
( as opposed to none, or the clear bra film ? )

I got the feeling that , from being here a while, that most folks around here do not care for the appearance of the black bra, and want to see the car's natural beauty.
i have one, but never use it because i never use the car; and i don't care for the looks of the part that fits the front edge of the hood.... but then i've never used my soft top either
Bill

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
I have one for my GXP, bought it used. The previous owner bought the 2.4 version and took it too an upholstery shop so they could modify it to fit the GXP. However I believe now-a-days most go w/clear bras.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
If your thinking of going the clear bra route do some research or ask on the forum to get some input from members who have done this . I know that there have been issues that the coating turns yellow / peels off with certain manufacturers .

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
If you go with the black bra, be sure it fits snugly. At highway speeds they can do damage to the paint due to vibration in the wind if the edges are not secure. A high quality clear vinyl would be a better choice and also would look much better.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Why would you put something on your car that is going to tear up the nose??? They destroy the paint on your nose. Get a clear bra instead...they're much better and they will protect your paint instead of scratch it to pieces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts