1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Great price, cheaper than Helms :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Thanks...just ordered the one for the 2007 Solstice.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not silly at all, yes the manual is the same, and covers both the Solstice and Sky, all models.
Phew, excellent. Thanks a bunch! Definitely on my "get it soon" list.

Thanks again
-Adriana

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I got the 07 manual from ya a while back.(which is 2 books long)What has been added to the 08 book's to make it stretch to 3 books?:huh:
Just an idea....the 2007 manual just says Solstice and the 2008 manual says Solstice and Sky. Maybe the addition of the sky added a 3rd book?

Does the 2007 manual also include the Sky?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the 07 manual from ya a while back.(which is 2 books long)What has been added to the 08 book's to make it stretch to 3 books?:huh:
Not sure, but I agree, maybe something to do with the Sky but not sure if the platform is the same. But it hardly fits in the Flat rate Shipping box. I almost thought I was going to have to increase the shipping due to the size of these books.

·
5,641 Posts
DRM said:
Just an idea....the 2007 manual just says Solstice and the 2008 manual says Solstice and Sky. Maybe the addition of the sky added a 3rd book?

Does the 2007 manual also include the Sky?
Remember the 2007 Sky came out months before the 2007 Solstice. So wouldn't surprise if they were on different printing cycles, and therefore used individual manuals. 2008 would be the chance to sync up, making the 2008 manual larger.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Does it have the electrical schematics? Helms says the 2008 manual does not have schematics.

·
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Are these different than the ones that Helm will offer? (written by different folks?) The front cover sure looks different. Like Helm prints the "official OEM" manuals, then Chiltons / Petersons comes along and regurgitates it into "me too" manuals?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Just got my 2008 manual :woo:
But wait there's more.... its THREE volumes :eek:
I checked to make sure it wasn't "War and Peace" in 7 different languages :lol:

I thought our Bentley manuals for our TR6, TR7 and TR8 were huge.
OMG.....this surpasses them in volume size :bow:

I've only just started purusing thru it/them, but very pleased with my purchase

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Received my 2006 manual three days after order. Great service! This is the official GM Service Manaul. Has all you can think of and more ...very comprehensive!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am considering buying the 2008 set, but I have some questions.

Do the parts breakdowns include any part numbers? If not, is there another publication that I can purchase that does?

Is this a worthwhile purchase for someone that isn't in the automotive repair field? I've seen some service manuals that have very little step- by- step instruction. I have had some experience in the past, but does it mention particular tools etc.

Basically, I don't want to drop $130 on something that will not benefit me so, any helpful information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Mates said:
Do the parts breakdowns include any part numbers?

If not, is there another publication that I can purchase that does?

Is this a worthwhile purchase for someone that isn't in the automotive repair field? I've seen some service manuals that have very little step- by- step instruction. I have had some experience in the past, but does it mention particular tools etc.
No for the most part, the service manual contains no part numbers. Exception would be certain general service items (lubes, adhesives, etc).

No there is no publication available to purchaser that has part numbers. Numbers can change fairly frequently, so any printed publication would be outdated very quickly.

The service manual is all step-by-step instuctions. The only mention of tools, would be required essential tools that dealerships purhcase. General tools are not mentioned, i.e. it will not tell you to use a 13mm socket or a specific type of wrench.

·
Registered
551 Posts
No for the most part, the service manual contains no part numbers. Exception would be certain general service items (lubes, adhesives, etc).

No there is no publication available to purchaser that has part numbers. Numbers can change fairly frequently, so any printed publication would be outdated very quickly.

The service manual is all step-by-step instuctions. The only mention of tools, would be require essential tools that dealerships purhcase. Gneral tools are not mentioned, i.e. it will not tell you to use a 13mm socket or a specific type of wrench.
Thanks Small Dealer. I didn't think that it would call out basic tools... was mostly talking about specialty tools.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts