Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2009 Buildout Schedule

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Small Dealer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The initial buildout schedules have been released and revised as of March 20th.

For the 2009 Solstices the following dates apply:

4/10 - Final day to submit "Retail Sold" orders (two weeks less).

3/19 - Begining of buildout allocation.

4/16 - Final allocation cycle.

6/12 - Final 2009 production date.

Currently there are no expected early buildout of options or colors noted.

Everything of course is subject to change going forward.

The thing to keep in mind for those interested in a Coupe, there will be very little, if any, time to find a Coupe for a testdrive and to still get an order in.

#2 ·
This is great info. I'm here wondering whether I should get a roadster now, or order the coupe and wait. I think the coupes will def be a collectors item. But with the deal I can get a left over 2008 roadster, the coupe will probably cost $10,000 - $12,000 more. Are they now being built?

If I ordered now, do you have a guess as to delivery? The GM dealer I contacted appears clueless in all this. If you guys are in the northeast, I could order through you. Unless, of course, you don't have an allocation. BTW - I'm in Boston.

#3 ·
mrozmanith said:
I'm here wondering whether I should get a roadster now, or order the coupe and wait. I think the coupes will def be a collectors item. But with the deal I can get a left over 2008 roadster, the coupe will probably cost $10,000 - $12,000 more.
That may be on the very very high side, but your thinking is correct. A deal with incentives on a 2008 Roadster would cost a lot less than what a 2009 Coupe asking price may be.
mrozmanith said:
Are they now being built?
All indications are that Coupe production will start later this month, possibly the week of March 23rd.
mrozmanith said:
If I ordered now, do you have a guess as to delivery? The GM dealer I contacted appears clueless in all this.
Hard to say, the initial allocation of Coupe orders taken during the February 5th allocation order cycle was said to be for production from TPW of March 23rd to April 20th. There have been 3 allocation cycles since then that may have included Coupes. So an order picked up in this week's cycle may not make it to production until May, or later.

There is some much uncertainty now, that it is very easy for the front line in the showroom to look "clueless".

mrozmanith said:
Unless, of course, you don't have an allocation.
It is very likely that an order placed as "Retail Sold" would be picked up by GM for production, even coming from a dealership that may not have consensed for allocation (agreed to take a Solstice).

#4 · (Edited)
The initial buildout schedules have been released and revised as of March 20th.

For the 2009 Solstices the following dates apply:

4/10 - Final day to submit "Retail Sold" orders (two weeks less).

3/19 - Begining of buildout allocation.

4/09 - Final allocation cycle.

6/12 - Final 2009 production date.

Currently there are no expected early buildout of options or colors noted.

Everything of course is subject to change going forward.

The thing to keep in mind for those interested in a Coupe, there will be very little, if any, time to find a Coupe for a testdrive and to still get an order in.

UPDATE 3/26
It appears that the final allocation cycle has been pulled back to the cycle starting April 9th.

With the Sky having already closed ordering, this could be a sign that GM may pull the plug on Solstice ordering even sooner.

Recomendation: Anyone thinking or ordering a 2009 Solstice, especially on of the Coupes, should get to their dealerships this weekend and place their order.

#5 ·
Have seen that this weekend is the last allocation cycle for the 2009 Saturn Sky and the buildout date for the Sky has been pulled foward to May 4th.

Saturn is still showing the same start date for 2010 production as the Solstice, June 15th.

#6 · (Edited)
Wow....So, Small Dealer, correct me where I am wrong...

2009s were first built in late June 2008 and the plant shut down in mid December 2008. That is 6 months. If they start back up Monday, then they will produce for one week in March. All the month of April. And Skys will be built for just ONE week in May. That adds 1 1/2 months of production. Soooooooo.....The Skys at least are only going to have 7 1/2 months of production for 2009. I can only assume the number of 2009 Kappas built and sold will be a FRACTION of what it was in model years past. Very interesting......

I got one of the VERY FIRST 2009 Skys built, and the 2010s are about to be on the way. Wow...It seems like I JUST got my car! The model years are going by so quickly....And just think guys, once the 2010s start rolling down the line, we will have only one more model year to go before it is all done. There won't be a 2012 Solstice or Sky, right?

#7 · (Edited)
UPDATE 3/26
It appears that the final allocation cycle has been pulled back to the cycle starting April 9th.

With the Sky having already closed ordering, this could be a sign that GM may pull the plug on Solstice ordering even sooner.

Recomendation: Anyone thinking or ordering a 2009 Solstice, especially one of the Coupes, should get to their dealerships this weekend and place and order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.