Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed you guys at the diner today, I hope the old man was representing! :lol:

I know I have been very MIA on the LI threads and meets this year, I have been stupid busy for the last 8 months. But the good news is one of the things keeping me busy was the LI calendar.
Thanks to Karen, this year picture collecting was a bit easier on me and sarge. She has sent me over 40 total photos, plus the few I have, that makes quite a few photo's.

Rather than doing what we did last year, where we gave each member (or two) a page that was in some cases seasonal. This year the Calendar will be done more as a photo collage of the previous year. Each month will have 4-6 photo's. Each month will be a mixed assortment of photo's in no particular order, like a photo album of sorts.

This is a thread for ordering only, please keep all other discussion on the normal current LI thread. Calendars will be APPROX $25 each, it depends on how many people order. I get a discount at different intervals and do not know how much shipping will be until I place the order.

For those that are new, I make nothing on these and pass the direct exact cost on to the members of printing the calendars. I have spent many days and hours retouching out eye soars including and not limited to, electrical lines, cracks in pavement, dirt on cars, etc. I have also attempted to color balance the images so that it looks like they were all taken with the same camera (which was not easy). I also snapped up the photo's to make them pop.

So go ahead and post and say how many you want and wether or not you will be at the January meeting. (note: for those who will not be at the meeting, you need to name a proxy, that will deliver your cash and pick up your calendar)

They will be handed out at the January meeting at the Nautilus Diner. Please BRING EXACT CASH AMOUNTS. Thanks for working with me on this!! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year to all of you! :cheers: :cheers:

Deadline is December 18th!!! So get your order in fast. I can always arrange to get you a calendar after that date, but the cost may be a bit more. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Paul,

We took an order count at the meeting today... it is as follows:

1 1sgt
1 Spiky 3480
1 Vstar
1 RichFly (he actually wrote 40 but I think someone helped him with that!)
1 SolsticeSJA
1 West Islip Guy
1 Xmicro_Redline Sr
1 ReedRed
1 Lil 'Oggi
1 Pep
1 Maxblast
2 Bob Shaw
1 SkyhighNY

Neither Classcat nor Doc were at the meeting but I believe they are interested also.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Paul,

Count me in on the calendar order!

1 ClassCat

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I promised teh sarge I would be ordering a calendar and so I am

would have wanted one even if I didn't promise, I would also like to get a copy of the first calendar if there are any left

·
Registered
227 Posts
Paul throw one in for the Old Skyman-CT too! - I think I still have an honorary status out there on the Island? :lol:

Paul, Reed or Karen can one of you be my proxy?
PM me address info and I'll mail you a check and enough to cover postal charges. :thumbs:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I promised the sarge I would be ordering a calendar and so I am

would have wanted one even if I didn't promise, I would also like to get a copy of the first calendar if there are any left
The Calendars are made to order, I do not order extra at $25 a pop. It is a bit hard for me being that I live up in Westchester. If I was out there, I can just have people swing by and pick them up and drop money off.

If you would like last years Calendar, I can still order them. Problem is you would have to bear the brunt of the full shipping charge because it would be a separate order.

Do you have Paypal? If you are willing to pay the Paypal charge and shipping I can place your order and have both shipped to you directly and you can send me a Paypal payment. If you are interested in that PM me your address and I will have to work up the charges.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul throw one in for the Old Skyman-CT too! - I think I still have an honorary status out there on the Island? :lol:

Paul, Reed or Karen can one of you be my proxy?
PM me address info and I'll mail you a check and enough to cover postal charges. :thumbs:
PM sent, I will work with you!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just to make things clear for everyone without mincing words. These Calendars are made to order and are not cheap(as you know), I WILL NOT have extra's or order without a solid YES/commitment from each and everyone that wants one. I will probably be laying out between $600 and $800 cash (That's a lot of mods:eek: ;) ). Please be responsible when ordering your Calendars.

So I do not come off cheap (which I am anything but) or come off seeming petty in any way, I feel it is important for everyone to understand the following:
I have donated upwards of 35 hours to retouch and color balance all the photo's and create the Calendar for the club, which I am MORE THAN HAPPY to do. Being Operations Manager for a Large Printing Company I can tell you for certain, a retoucher/desktop guy would get paid $1750.00 for that time by my company on average (2,275.00 freelance). Now of course people would not spend that for a car club calendar, so they would just settle with a less professional job (aka: crappy looking Calendar). I am just trying to get you guys to understand the value of what I am contributing to our club. I am not making a single dime on this, as it is something I am doing for friends and to contribute to our club. However, it would not be fair to get stuck with calendars or go crazy trying to hunt people down, from so far away, for money, etc. I explain this only because when you have a computer based skill most people do not realize what really goes into it and have a tendency to devalue it or take it for granted thinking the computer creates magic.:skep:
As most of you that are also on the sky forum know, I am very giving with my photoshop skills and do many favors. I ask for, not even a favor, in return as I am fortunate enough to make a good living and like to help fellow car nuts like most of us. ***Sorry to be so long winded*** :yawn: :lol:

I will be dropping the Calendars off at 1sgt's house on the 2nd or 3rd of January. Please get either Me, Karen or Sarge the Money before then or meet me there on that day. I will Post the exact day and time as we get closer. I will be coming out Truck or SKY (depending on Salt on the roads by me). Please make sure if you say yes, you have the ability to take care of this.

The other option is to pay me via PayPal and I place a separate order just for you and ship to your house. But keep in mind, you will be bearing the brunt of the full shipping and Paypal charges (Paypal charges, I Believe 5% to the receiver of any funds).

Last year we had no issues and I want to thank everyone for working hard to make sure it went that way. We have a great group of people and I do not anticipate having a problem, but I just wanted to make perfectly clear were I stand on Calendar Ordering!

I Order my Calendars from Apple through iphoto. I know there are other internet business's that sell calendars quite a bit cheaper but you usually get what you pay for, I know friends that got burnt time and quality wise in the past. Here is where I order from if you want to check the prices for yourselves: Apple - iLife - iPhoto - Print Products
The quality is a cut above and they ALWAYS have delivered for me in the past. I think it is important if you guys are trusting me with a project to include you guys in all aspects of it.
Thanks for reading! :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I WANT ONE THANK YOU:devil:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok it is official......The Calendars are ordered and should be ready to express ship by next Friday Dec 26th. Which means I should get them by the following Tuesday...THE LATEST.

I think they came out great. Hope you all like it. :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok it is official......The Calendars are ordered and should be ready to express ship by next Friday Dec 26th. Which means I should get them by the following Tuesday...THE LATEST.

I think they came out great. Hope you all like it. :cool:
Paul,

Thanks for all the work you put into these, and all the other great things you do for all the local Kappa Clubs as well. :thumbs:
Happy Holidays my friend and as they say - "The check is in the Mail" :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts