Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW PRICE!!! US$24950 Currently listed on AutoTrader AD102284056:
6200 mostly highway miles, Aggressive with body color splash guards and rear valance. Auto with A/C and all popular factory options. 6100 mostly hi-way miles. Asking US$24950 for this unusual piece. For further details visit AutoTrader or reply to this message. Askin' response from serious buyers only. Thanks in advance. Harv3:)

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So "00 means it was the first coupe off the assy line? If so, you'd think it would go for a whole lot more than $27K.
Actually, the VIN number which is included in the AD material just means this was the 93rd coupe body down the line. Thanks for your interest and yours truly believes this piece is a good value for the money. Tell your friends.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,501 Posts
Actually, the VIN number which is included in the AD material just means this was the 93rd coupe body down the line. Thanks for your interest and yours truly believes this piece is a good value for the money. Tell your friends.
I hate to disillusion you, Harv3, but there were at least 102 coupes that were built long before the sequentially numbered bodies started rolling down the line. Modern day production methods mean that the VIN# is not truly indicative of the production status. Granted, it's a low numbered coupe, but I would lay odds that it was not the 93rd coupe built of the sequentially numbers series.

(Pulls up the Solstice Coupe data base spreadsheet)

If I search the Solstice coupe database on "build date", your car falls into the range of 151st to 166th coupe built (including the first 102 non-sequentially numbered coupes). This would put your car somewhere between the 49th to 64th sequentially numbered coupe to go down the line.

I guess that means it's better than the 93rd one, eh?

By the way, anyone wanting the spreadsheet can get it by going to the following message, the spreadsheet is in the ZIP file:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/933199-post1.html

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sooo.. If we don't like someones FOR SALE AD we can dispute/pick apart
ad?
Also..Is it not worth what someone is willing to pay?Just wondering,had anyone
been interested,maybe??
Nice car op,and good luck with your sale

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Connor,
Please on me with your concerns so I can address them.
I am very intent on enforcing politeness in the classifieds and all I see are questions/clarifications about the vin statements.
I don't read any concerns about the asking price or worth.
If you or the op feel differently, please let me know and I will reassess.
Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Connor,
Please on me with your concerns so I can address them.
I am very intent on enforcing politeness in the classifieds and all I see are questions/clarifications about the vin statements.
I don't read any concerns about the asking price or worth.
If you or the op feel differently, please let me know and I will reassess.
Thanks.
Thanks Jeff,
It was more of a clarification on do's and don'ts? when replying
to for sale ads.
I honestly don't have a dog in this fight.
I would never step in on a for sale ad,unless I had intentions on buying,or it was a
scam post :)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,501 Posts
I certainly hope my messages cannot be construed as being derogatory to the OP. I was just trying to make some historical commentary on his particular car, after ID'ing it from amongst the others offered on AutoTraders.

I think the OP's price is very realistic when compared to some of the others on AutoTrader.

It is a nice car at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks indeed for your kind and civil comments. Always remember: the drives the thing and this car is for drivin'

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NEW PRICE JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS GIVING!!! US$21000 Currently listed on AutoTrader AD102284056:
6200 mostly highway miles, Aggressive with body color splash guards and rear valance. Auto with A/C and all popular factory options. 6100 mostly hi-way miles. Asking US$21000 for this unusual piece. For further details visit AutoTrader or reply to this message. Askin' response from serious buyers only. Thanks in advance. Harv3:)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I now have Harv3'S car great car and great price.
THANKS HARVEY
That would explain why I went to look at the ad and it was no longer for sale. Congrats on your new ride! :thumbs:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Congrats, REDHERITAGE.

Now if I can just get DaveOC to tell me what the first N in VIN Number stands for ...

(Pet peeve -- people saying VIN Number, PIN Number, and ATM Machine instead of VIN, PIN, and ATM.)

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
did this car sell ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts