Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
thanks SD,

I guess they figured no reason to have the wheels ordered and produced at a certain order quantity with the manufacturer since the line being discontinued.
Ah well, chrome is too heavy anyway ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
SD,
I have been searching for a base 2009 coupe. I have had contradictory rebate quotes.
One $3000.00 and the other $2500.00 The GM Website lists $2500.00
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase? It's been a little tough trying to
locate a coupe in the 29k price range in 1) Pure and 2) Wicked Ruby with a 'willing to negotiate' dealer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SD,
I have been searching for a base 2009 coupe. I have had contradictory rebate quotes.
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase? It's been a little tough trying to
locate a coupe in the 29k price range in 1) Pure and 2) Wicked Ruby with a 'willing to negotiate' dealer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! :cheers: Good luck on your coupe search! :thumbs:

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
kfrizb said:
There is a $500 Dealership Cash Bonus Program on the Solstice. Some information data bases add that to the $2,500 Consumer Cash Bonus for the $3,000 total. Others do not, as it is the dealership option to pass it along to a buyer.
kfrizb said:
In your opinion, do you think rebates will increase?
It is my opinion that incentives on Pontiac are as high as they are going to be. I can only see them staying the same, coming down or ending. In fact they will be ending for the 2008 model year on November 2nd.

kfrizb said:
It's been a little tough trying to
Which model and what options are you interested in?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks like we all bought our rides too soon. New 2008 GXP's (Automatic, air cond., etc) now selling at dealers in Detroit area for under $23,000. Thought I got a deal on my '07 GXP at $24,500. This is going to drive resale values down even farther. I have thought about maybe selling mine due to 25% wage cut this year, but looks like I can't get the money I owe on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been email shopping around, to find some last pickings too...although pretty much now all have been used titled by the dealers so they could get the GM $7k.

So far:
$29,280 Base Auto convertible for $21,505 (same dealer I got my G8 from)
$32,110 GXP Auto convertible for $25,994
$28,730 Base Stick coupe for $24,780
$34,810 GXP Auto coupe for $29,310 (new)

And a few others. I think the GXP coupe is the only one still new, but also the most expensive of course. 0% for 72 on new ones peaked my interest as it did with my G8, but they're mostly all now used or at least ones around me I'd consider...so a deeper discount and decent financing could also work. Except for #1, none of the others are dipping into the full $7k incentive off sticker they received for titling them.

Hmmm...not the perfect deals when I originally thought "oooh, a Solstice for low $20k's AND 0%", but have to be realistic with what's left & otherwise. Seriously considering #1, even if it is a 2.4L & not the turbo DI 2.0L I would prefer, plus at my fave dealer...or maybe #2 if that turbo is worth $4500, less additional options & less of a discount but still a pretty meaty one. G8 could use a friend, even if I don't know where I'd put it yet, because too many fun miles on one alone continue to rack up.

Or, as TomShadow mentioned...there's lots of used or still leftover 2008's, etc. at even better prices. I naturally want as new as possible still with the window sticker, and more so a "last of the last" with a last 2009 example...but all possibilities.

·
Registered
569 Posts
So far:
$29,280 Base Auto convertible for $21,505 (same dealer I got my G8 from)
$32,110 GXP Auto convertible for $25,994
$28,730 Base Stick coupe for $24,780
$34,810 GXP Auto coupe for $29,310 (new)
The GXP coupe needs to come down some more. Have you physically gone to the dealer with the GXP coupe? I emailed and called when I first inquired about mine, but it wasn't 'till I took the drive and showed up in person that the real deal happened. What color is it anyway?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The GXP coupe needs to come down some more. Have you physically gone to the dealer with the GXP coupe? I emailed and called when I first inquired about mine, but it wasn't 'till I took the drive and showed up in person that the real deal happened. What color is it anyway?
Agreed, and that one is Aggressive, a GXP auto with basically every option. If it weren't for the color, I'd be more interested and probably even go for more off the price. But really, if it's still there when I make it to that dealer, I wanted to see & drive it to 1) try out a coupe finally and 2) try out the GXP power at the same time.

Another I found & inquired about was a Mysterious base coupe auto for $30,710 then the "deal" via email was -$7,000 for a sale price of $23,710. Basically MSRP minus the GM dealer cash. It and the white roadster for $21,505 are the best 1st offer deals of the bunch, not sure which interests me most...meant to road trip yesterday to shop all of them except for the black coupe and the snow stopped me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is the highest MSRP sticker possible for a 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe? I believe mine was $34,925.00 with the only other available option I was aware of being the USB port radio at $100.00.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine tops out at $35,120. I don't have the sticker here with me... but let's see... auto, premium pkg, Monsoon spkrs, sport pedals, "Mean" yellow paint, air cond, chromed wheels... don't know if I left anything out.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Forytwo said:
What is the highest MSRP sticker possible for a 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe? I believe mine was $34,925.00 with the only other available option I was aware of being the USB port radio at $100.00.
The USB Radio (UUI) would actually lower your MSRP as it's $100 charge woudl repalce the $295 charge for your 6 disc CD changer radio (US9).

mahermusic said:
Mine tops out at $35,120. I don't have the sticker here with me... but let's see... auto, premium pkg, Monsoon spkrs, sport pedals, "Mean" yellow paint, air cond, chromed wheels... don't know if I left anything out.
Your $195 charge for the Mean paint it what puts you ahead of Forytwo.

In theory the highest possible MSRP for a 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe would be $35,415.

It would be Brazen (28U) in color and equipped with the Premium Package (PCQ), Front & Rear Splash Guards (VQK), Air Conditioning (C60), Monsoon Premium Audio System (UQ3), AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD CHanger (US9), Front License Plate Bracket (VK3), Sport Metallic Pedals (JF5), Automatic Transmission (MX0), and Chrome Plated Wheels (PD5).

·
Registered
30 Posts
How much could I ask for my Solstice?
2006 - Green - 14,500 miles. Never seen the rain. Nothing special. Just power mirror and locks... nice sound system but standard... it has a few things extras (based on the receipt)Second owner... Most of the miles are trips to San jose (640 miles back and forth)... very good shape. Paint exclnt. 6 cd changer...

·
Registered
178 Posts
My *Fresh* paint was $295 extra on the sticker. Total MSRP was $34,925, and I have the premium package w/ Monsoon and sport metallic pedals just like Mahermusic.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts