Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Totaled COUPE Fresh GXP ERepairable

2009, GXP, Auto, Fresh, Colorado Salvage title. Auction date has not been set.
Incomplete VIN: 1G2MT25X49

https://erepairables.com/salvage-cars-auction/cars/pontiac/solstice/2009-pontiac-solstice-20268170

Description: Pontiac Solstice Primary Damage: front end (Airbag did not deploy). Secondary damage: undercarriage.Vehicle started at time of testing. Has Keys. Estimated pre-damage value: $30,236

According to this post by DaveOC, only 32 Fresh Solstices were produced (that number includes verts). But Wiki says 23.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/solstice-production-numbers-year-color-126161/

·
Registered
143 Posts
Be nice for someone looking for parts
The rear trunk lid and removable top look to be in good shape
I wonder if it has the USB radio

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Come on, some of the forum folks could repair this!
Anything can be repaired but at what cost ? From the looks of this it has major damage especially to the frame and suspension add in the fact that some parts are getting hard to find it unfortunately may not be worth it . At this point in time our cars have not yet reached collector car status so in the end you may end up with a car that you have a ton of money in and it's not worth the build price .I just watched a bunch of Barrett Jackson shows and the market right now looks soft for many cars, a lot of people took some serious hits to the wallet this past week end and a lot of buyers got some real good deals .

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I didn't have this 631 listed on the registry. Don't like listing, when I have to out into totaled section. Damage looks pretty extensive. Hopefully someone can save this rare coupe.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sent Hoosier GXP a PM asking him to comment on this car. I'm not sure who determines if a car is repairable, or if a car has to meet a specific threshold to be considered if it is repairable, or if it should be dismantled for scrap?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I just sent Hoosier GXP a PM asking him to comment on this car. I'm not sure who determines if a car is repairable, or if a car has to meet a specific threshold to be considered if it is repairable, or if it should be dismantled for scrap?
I have had the car in my watch list. I think it is repairable but that would depend on what it could be bought for along with auction and transportation fees. I have done similar damage cars but you never know the unknown until it is in the shop. As for buying it to transform a convertible it would be a lot of work. The windshield frame is different on the coupe and the glass both front and side. The rear hatch is actually a 2 piece unit and could be fitted. The front damage is not as bad as it appears the hard part is telling what is wrong with the left rear, although it is most likely a broken lower torque arm. I checked with my parts supplier and I can still get all of the body parts that would be needed.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vin = 1G2MT25X49Y000631

FWIW, Compnine located:
Found 976 vehicles matching that year and model
Found 22 PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, SUPERIOR BLUE MET (02) (22U)
Red, I'm assuming you think this is the VIN?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
. . . and, for what it's worth, the page you cited gives the incomplete VIN as 1G2MT25X49*******

:thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
If you compare that starting part of the VIN (1G2MT25X49) to the listing of all the coupes whose VINs start with that identical sequence, there is only 1 of the resulting list that is "Fresh" blue.

Well done RedOne07!

Of course I had to do this little exercise to make sure you were correct, the list was short enough that I could do it manually.

>:)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
IF the frame wasn't so badly bent that it makes it difficult to safely graft in replacement front legs, it could be restored by buying a relatively cheap covertible of the same year (maybe one that was rear ended) and taking all the parts from it.

My bet is that you'd still have way more into it than the reduced value of a reclaimed wreck would be valued at when restored. Be a good project for someone that just loves the colour and doesn't intend to sell it after restoration.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts