Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have read a lot of postings about custom colors vs factory colors and mods. In 2014 I bought a 2010 GXP coupe that is a one of one. It was painted a new color for 2010. GM only made 12 cars that year and this was one of them. It was Santiago Blue Metalic. The story I got is that a GM executive had it painted this color and gave it to his father. I bought it from the father. He told me he had terminal cancer. A very nice fellow.

Just thought as Solstice folks you may be interested in knowing about it. I can forward pics if someone would like to post them. The car has about 7k miles on it. I do not drive it much. It also has the soft top and all other documentation. I have no clue what it is worth. I bought it because you never see a modern day car that is one of one. Pretty rare. I don't know if any other Pontiac model was ever painted this color.

My cell is 954 410 6253 if you would to get pics or info. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for reading. I thought that there might be some interest out there to know where this car is located. I live in South Florida.

Thanks for reading my post.

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I have read a lot of postings about custom colors vs factory colors and mods. In 2014 I bought a 2010 GXP coupe that is a one of one. It was painted a new color for 2010. GM only made 12 cars that year and this was one of them. It was Santiago Blue Metalic. The story I got is that a GM executive had it painted this color and gave it to his father. I bought it from the father. He told me he had terminal cancer. A very nice fellow.

Just thought as Solstice folks you may be interested in knowing about it. I can forward pics if someone would like to post them. The car has about 7k miles on it. I do not drive it much. It also has the soft top and all other documentation. I have no clue what it is worth. I bought it because you never see a modern day car that is one of one. Pretty rare. I don't know if any other Pontiac model was ever painted this color.

My cell is 954 410 6253 if you would to get pics or info. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for reading. I thought that there might be some interest out there to know where this car is located. I live in South Florida.

Thanks for reading my post.

Bill
Hey Bill! Is this car still for sale? My email is [email protected]_

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
here is a photo

here is an old thread on the car

teal coupe

If my memory is correct, I believe that this car does not have air conditioning.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
more photos...

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,342 Posts
here is a photo

If my memory is correct, I believe that this car does not have air conditioning.
It was originally shipped to Canada, and was to be a Canadian only color. Correct, no air conditioning on/in this 2010 Coupe.

(y)

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I seem to remember a Pontiac dealer posting it here several years ago after he received it from GM? and saying that he had no plans to sell it. But a year or so later he did end up selling it, so I'm not sure how that fits into the history or buying/selling history of this unique car. BTW, I'm not sure how I missed this posting, though it looks like it was posted around the time the forum changed formats.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I would NOT sell this car yet. It's only going to up in value, unless you need the money. If I had to put a figure on it, I would guess $100-$150k. It's 1 of 1.

When I sold cars, I had a customer offer to pay Lincoln and extra $25k to get a very specific silver color. Ford declined. Only because a 1 of 1 Lincoln MKS would have brought the guy thousands later on.

I know that Bentley is in the business of doing one offs...are as most high end retailers. The owner of Chicken Shack (for those of you that don't know, Chicken Shack does INCREDIBLE ribs and chicken fast food restaurant here in Detroit with 17 locations), had a one off Bentley. He paid $50k for the paint and $25k for the matching leather. But high end exotics also fall flat on their face when it comes to value.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
I would NOT sell this car yet. It's only going to up in value, unless you need the money. If I had to put a figure on it, I would guess $100-$150k. It's 1 of 1.
Within what time frame are you expecting a Solstice to be worth over $100k?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts