Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
These calendars are beautiful! I received mine last week and am so proud that my baby made March. Thanks so much for the hard work that went into making these beautiful calendars! Great job!! :cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Won't find a nicer Solstice Calendar out there. :agree:

These calendars are beautiful! I received mine last week and am so proud that my baby made March. Thanks so much for the hard work that went into making these beautiful calendars! Great job!! :cheers:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ah Feb. a GREAT month! Thanks again for the opportunity to have our cars selected for the calendar. Hope you can get on your feet next year to do something like this again. Well worth th effort!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I was going to buy 2 calendars but $6.99 for shipping cost...wow! I can send 2 calendars anywhere in the continental 48 states priority mail for $4.75. Might want to sign up for a USPS account…just saying.
So for $2.24 you wont? :willy:

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
I received the calendar as a XMAS present.

Very nice...

:)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Got mine on Christmas Eve even though I has only ordered it earlier in the week. Thanks for the fast shipping. I was able to have it under the tree for my husband Christmas morning! His jacket didn't make it in time so at least there was something w Sol there for him. Sorry I saw the contest too late.
Hoping to remember to submit a photo for the 2012. That would be a real nice calendar for him if it had our car in it.

Happy & safe holidays to all!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
These calendar don't work for priority mail. They are too big. We'd have to use a priority mail box, which the calendar only fit in on an angle. Would have got mangled during shipping.

We had to order custom stay flats and send these USPS First Class Parcel. Most companies make money on shipping, we are barely breaking even.
It's really a good and bad thing. We chose 9.5" x 13.5" for a few reasons, but the main being it's a nice big size for a wall calendar. The bad thing is how we have to ship them.

Shipping method is something we spent a lot of time on even met with 2 postal reps at our fulfillment house. This was the cheapest way to send these wide, oversized calendars. Something we may have to re-evaluate though for next year!!!

Happy New Year to everyone.

I was going to buy 2 calendars but $6.99 for shipping cost...wow! I can send 2 calendars anywhere in the continental 48 states priority mail for $4.75. Might want to sign up for a USPS account…just saying.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I got this calendar as a Christmas Gift. I LOVE it!!!!.....Great Job.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The point was not what I am willing to pay for shipping…the point of my post was that buying two calendars should be able to ship in same package at a reasonable cost. After reading MemeberCalenders reply I now understand why the cost is a little higher than it could be and I am ordering two calendars.

Now as for the little guy running around like I am crazy because I believe in saving a buck on shipping cost…hmmm what I wonder about is why everyone here can’t spend $40.00 dollars for a life membership? It helps the forum stay alive!!! Also why some people join the forum for free and then advertise a business in their signature…hmmmmmmmm who’s really saving a few bucks around here???

Talk about an inappropriate response. You jump to ill advised conclusions a lot don't you?

Jim :cool:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Official? By what authority?

Nice contest idea... we submit all of our pictures to you for free, and you make profit off of it? Not sure who this sponsor is, or how it's helping us. We've done well on our own to make calendars for Solstice / Sky and have given the profit away to charities.

The very first Solstice Calendar ever produced was done as a fundraiser for Susan G Komen. It was called The 2008 Sol Gals Calendar and I produced it. The members of the Solstice Forum supported the endeavor and together we were able to raise $2500 that year in addition to getting a write up in the Pontiac Magazine. It was pretty wonderful! SolliVision.com

·
Registered
544 Posts
perhaps a new 2020 calendar should be in the makes....10 years gone, but still alive and kicking!!! wish i knew how to post pics....I knot bee that smert

21 - 35 of 35 Posts