Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2012 7th Annual Dells Meet-Sept 27-30!

15K views 104 replies 29 participants last post by  Aspenrose 
#1 · (Edited)
Even before the meet this year, we're putting next year's meet out here!

On the list, so far.....
  1. Aspenrose
  2. MomsSol
  3. Whitefang
  4. Roadie Rob
  5. Dave OC
  6. bentley
  7. Sunfun
  8. GoBoilers!
  9. Uptownmarie
  10. Devoking
  11. Jerry Valley
  12. Awsmsky
  13. sol1570

September 27-30, 2012
Bakers Sunset Bay Resort, Kappa Central, http://www.sunsetbayresort.com
Rooms at our group rate, WISols, call (608) 254-8406 to book 'em Kappas!

Bookings to commence on the last day of this year's meet, as we check out.
:thumbs:

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 is coming back again!! (and I don't mean Brent Favrer) :lol:

And I won't be swapping sides to a Miata either. :glol:

I also will be keeping my "top tucked in my trunk", if ya know what I mean. :rofl:

Then again, maybe I won't be there...I may just decide next July what my plans are. :willy:

And no I didn't cheat on my Sky last year in the Dells --- Terry let me drive his Boxster only once and my Sky forgave me...:yesnod:

(Oh I could go on...and on...but I'm sure someone would "intercept" my commentary...:rofl::glol::crazy:

#6 ·
You know I'll be there!

For once I can be in the frist ten respondants!

#8 ·
Traverse City Run Too?

Here's hoping that there is a Traverse city run around the same time. It would really be nice to make both in Sept. -any news yet?

AR - thanks for posting this 2012 run early so we can block out our time for it, we've been wanting to make the Dells for a while- :grouphug:

#19 ·
Here's hoping that there is a Traverse city run around the same time. It would really be nice to make both in Sept. -any news yet?

AR - thanks for posting this 2012 run early so we can block out our time for it, we've been wanting to make the Dells for a while- :grouphug:
Kim (KYGXP) and I have talked about such a run (tentative name, "Hand Jive"). We have a second home near there and know most of the roads. The problem, well we are burned out. After all of the effort expended on the 2011 Nationals (especially that it was the first year without National support and we had to plow through so much political dissention.. Really over the top), we are just not sure if we have what it takes to suck it up and pull off another event. It takes a lot of effort sans the backlast from folks that just want to crush stuff and make things personal. This is for fun... "Ish".. If it can't be "Ish", Kim and I won't waste our time anymore.

#13 ·
I'll think about it. :dunno:

#14 ·
Throw us on, then when I see my name on the list, I know we have be there.

More power than a class or family reunion. We just need a band, videos and bridesmaids.

#15 ·
this has possibilities

pencil me in (lightly)

#18 ·
It would be great to see you there (hey, not too late to come this year as well). Everyone is welcome in the land of "ish". I haven't seen you at any events I have attended and I do miss you. Serious.

Of course, Kim and I will be here again in 2012. This is our top weekend yearly event. Good folks, good location and great hosts with the "ish" vibe.

#20 ·
The Fangs are coming!

Howdy y'all,
We made our reservations at Bakers this morning (Thur,Fri,Sat), see you in September!

#22 ·
We'll be there. :)

#25 ·
Resort info in post one of the thread, folks start arriving on Thursday, Big run all day Saturday, group eats on Sat nite, smaller run(s) on Friday, free day to do a run, relax, do the ducks, whatever suits ya. Seems like our far east contingent was going to do House on the Rock on Friday?
Firepit every night the weather cooperates, haven't been rained out yet!

#26 ·
....Firepit every night the weather cooperates, haven't been rained out yet!
a.k.a. "Baker's has not run out of lighter fluid yet." :lol:

#28 ·
Nah...I only had to test drive my ordered Subaru BRZ once. Just once. Then I walked away.

It was nowhere near the level of excitement I get every time I turn the key in the Sky!
:cool:

#29 ·
I also looked at it and not near the feeling I get with the Solstice. Glad to know the Sky still gives you that permagrin...I was a bit worried :thumbs:!

#30 ·
Beth and I had a Subie BRZ on order, too. After sitting in a demo unit, we called the dealer and let our order/allocation go. It is a really nice car, but not nice enough to justify the price tag. Now if it had generated the "I gotta have it" feelings that the Solstice did, it might have been a different story, but it didn't strike that chord with us.

So, . . . we(I) shall continue to wait on Project 818.

Attachments

#31 ·
Pulling into the WalMart this evening I caught an Aggressive Sol following me...they ended up parking near me and of course we commented on each other's great taste in cars!

Shortened story....they are interested in the Dells ... said it sounded like something they would like to do so I gave them info for here and Facebook.

Very nice couple...hope we all get to meet them! :yay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.