Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Count me in and you can put me down to sweep.:thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wondering if a couple of newbie seniors from Newmarket can join this run. Looks like a great way to spend a day.

Has a start time been determined yet?

The car belongs to my wife but she lets me hold the steering wheel on a regular basis and thinks this run would be a blast.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Count me in as well.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
We will be there :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Sep. 23: Thanks for the route map. Not sure we can participate fully, but may join up at Kilgorie or Cookstown (Tims?) - would very much like to meet SSOOO members. Will advise later.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Alice and I are in. We can sweep if needed.

Geologger: Might see you the weekend before, we are planning on going to the British show as well...

·
Registered
742 Posts
My weekend freed up, but I injured my back so it's kinda painful right now and I'm on medication... :(

Have fun guys.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
OK, so here is the thread to sign up for this year's fall run (Sunday 23rd September).

Here is the provisional map starting at Tim Hortons at Clappison's Corners in Burlington.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217954411663175672847.0004a00cb3503b3abd9f9&msa=0&ll=43.767127,-79.898071&spn=1.291211,2.90863

Depending on numbers, volunteers are requested for team captains and sweepers. I will captain the first group.
BritSol .....what time do you think we will be starting ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will have a confirmed time and route after I do the pre-run on Sunday, but I am thinking that the first departure (or only departure, depending on the turn out) would be at 9:00 am.

@janandmike You would be more than welcome to join in.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Jack (maybe Deb) will be there!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I will have a confirmed time and route after I do the pre-run on Sunday, but I am thinking that the first departure (or only departure, depending on the turn out) would be at 9:00 am...
Lawrence - just checked out route - looks great - some familar and some new roads in there!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I will have a confirmed time and route after I do the pre-run on Sunday, but I am thinking that the first departure (or only departure, depending on the turn out) would be at 9:00 am.

@janandmike You would be more than welcome to join in.
Dang, we have a commitment to be in Toronto at 7pm! Such short notice. :banghead:
Starts at 9am, how long is the run?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have just got back from the pre-run, and it was very informative. A combination of unexpected unpaved sections of road and newly discovered construction that was virtually impossible to find a decent route around means I need to make 1 minor and 1 major adjustment to the route. New map to come in the next few days.

The new route will unfortunately end up being shorter :cryin: and only going North as far as Orangeville then turning around and not going to Cookstown.

I will try to get all the new details up as soon as possible to help people plan their day.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts

The new route will unfortunately end up being shorter :cryin: and only going North as far as Orangeville then turning around and not going to Cooksville.

I will try to get all the new details up as soon as possible to help people plan their day.
Good stuff Lawrence! that's why pre-runs make the run so successful...

I think you meant 'not going to Cookstown' though...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts