Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Chop Top: Love to go up to Woodward in August ran into the GM Roadsters guys up there the last few years just wondering if I happened to meet you I'm the guy from Cleveland area with the modified green Solstice

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MKC group should be holding their annual Thursday evening Woodward Dream Cruise, believe we had around 30 Kappa's last year. We meet at 3921 Cranbrook school Administration Office off Woodward (Tamarack Drive, about 1/8 past the guard station on the left), around 5:30-6:45. Around 7 is when the groups begins cruising south down Woodward for about 9 miles, and pull off at 26789 Woodward parking lot and hangs for 1/2 to an hour. Most try and participate as long as rain isn't being predicted.

Main reason the group doesn't participate on the official day (3rd Saturday of Aug) is because many business rent out their parking to clubs/groups/friends for high parking fees. About the only way around that is finding an abandoned business but you have to get there relatively early Saturday morning because they fill up fast. That's what I did last year but didn't see too many Kappa's.

Most DC participants don't even cruise Saturday because by mid-day Woodward turns into a parking lot made up of mostly daily drivers looking at the nice cars that are parked along Woodward. Plus it's hotter than hell so most cruisers are sitting in the shade drinking and eating w/friends.

This was filmed in 2012 on a Thursday night because by Saturday Woodwards basically a parking lot filled mostly with daily drivers. You occasionally seen some interesting cars but most are heading/looking for their reserved parking spots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts