Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start planning for our 8th meet in the Dells.

If you've never been, or haven't been in a few years, make plans to attend this awesome event.

Make your reservation for Baker's Sunset Bay as soon as possible, if you haven't already. Last year the entire resort was booked and a few latecomers barely got a room.
Sunset Bay Resort

Baker's has been our location for 7 great years and they have treated us wonderfully!

Saturday night dinner will be planned by Ann Valley (she has done a terrific job in the past) and the price per person will be posted once she has finalized. Because our group is so large there isn't anywhere in the Lake Dalton area that can handle us, so we have food catered to Baker's awesome meeting room.

Now, the past couple of years we've done something fun or different during the Saturday run. Would you like to have something again this year? Or should we just do something maybe low key during social times? I might have some ideas but I would like your input on this. Thanks!

More info will follow as the event gets closer. If you've always wanted to come but haven't yet had the opportunity ... make this the year!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
MomsSol;
Help me out.
Having been unable to participate in the 2013 Nationals, I would love to attend the Dells Meet this year. Some of my fellow MCK members have attended in the past and said it is wonderful.
Having grown up in Minnesota, I am familiar with the beauty of the Dells.

I am a little puzzled - September 29-29?? Should this be September 26-29???
I would like to get my reservation in.
Please advise.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MomsSol;
Help me out.
Having been unable to participate in the 2013 Nationals, I would love to attend the Dells Meet this year. Some of my fellow MCK members have attended in the past and said it is wonderful.
Having grown up in Minnesota, I am familiar with the beauty of the Dells.

I am a little puzzled - September 29-29?? Should this be September 26-29???
I would like to get my reservation in.
Please advise.
Thanks.
Oops...yes it the 26th thru 29th. Thursday to Sunday.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
MomsSol;

Thanks for the clarification.
I have secured a room at the resort Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Will drive in Wednesday and home on Sunday.
This will served as my official intent to participate with your group.
Thanks and see you soon!

09 Wicked Coupe
Jim Lyddon
1 or 2 people.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
We are booked at the motel, 26 to the 29th, and I would like to know when the runs start. Is this a Thursday through Saturday event. Is there something going on Thursday??

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Hurray! Get ready to have fun!

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MomsSol;

Thanks for the clarification.
I have secured a room at the resort Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Will drive in Wednesday and home on Sunday.
This will served as my official intent to participate with your group.
Thanks and see you soon!

09 Wicked Coupe
Jim Lyddon
1 or 2 people.
Most people will arrive Thursday afternoon or evening..full festivities start on Friday but plenty of socializing on Thursday.

Friday is usually a beer or wine tour run or if you prefer free time to see and do things in the Dells. Last year some of us did the upper lake boat tour. This year we might do the Ducks.

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are booked at the motel, 26 to the 29th, and I would like to know when the runs start. Is this a Thursday through Saturday event. Is there something going on Thursday??
Thursday is when everyone starts arriving..anywhere from late morning to late afternoon. Several of us like to go to Cimmorelli's Supper Club for the best steak you'll ever eat.

Friday is your choice of free time or a short tour run.

Saturday is the long run through the beautiful countryside of Wisconsin, Sat night is dinner at Bakers, a White Elephant gift exchange, the out to the firepit for fun times.

Sunday people start heading home.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Confirmed our reservation! Arriving on Thursday (probably a little late....bonfire?????)

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Confirmed our reservation! Arriving on Thursday (probably a little late....bonfire?????)
You know our favorite Pyromaniac can't go one night w/out one! lol

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rooms at Bakers are getting scarce...

Bakers is nearly booked for our weekend. There are a couple of rooms left for Thursday, and some for Fri/Sat. If you don't have your room booked yet and are planning on coming then you should book in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
257 Posts
To anyone on the fence about participating, this is a super fun group, the runs include the best back roads Wisconsin has to offer and the Dells activities will keep a smile on your face in between buzzing around with the Solstice or hanging out with the group.

Wish we could make it. My fiance and I had a lot of fun last year. We just closed on a house this past weekend and with so many things to do, it doesn't look like we can get away for a road trip. Not to mention she doesn't have the appetite to be zooming around the country side as she will be 6 months along with our first!

Have fun and drive safe.

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To anyone on the fence about participating, this is a super fun group, the runs include the best back roads Wisconsin has to offer and the Dells activities will keep a smile on your face in between buzzing around with the Solstice or hanging out with the group.

Wish we could make it. My fiance and I had a lot of fun last year. We just closed on a house this past weekend and with so many things to do, it doesn't look like we can get away for a road trip. Not to mention she doesn't have the appetite to be zooming around the country side as she will be 6 months along with our first!

Have fun and drive safe.
Congrats to both of you!!

Also, thanks for the nice review!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,457 Posts
We'll miss you at dinner this year. It's a busy time in your life, enjoy it to the max.

:dthumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Looking forward to checking out the Dells area. Sign me up for the Saturday cruise and if there is one Friday, I'm interested. Looks like I will be part of a three car caravan form MI. We should have five from. MKC.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Do we have an "official list" yet?

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We will be coming on Thursday with Wicked Mike.
Super...dinner Saturday is $20 per person, payable to Ann Valley up to Sat before dinner.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts