Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2013 8th Annual Dells Meet, Sept 26-29

6K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  Uptownmarie 
#1 ·
Time to start planning for our 8th meet in the Dells.

If you've never been, or haven't been in a few years, make plans to attend this awesome event.

Make your reservation for Baker's Sunset Bay as soon as possible, if you haven't already. Last year the entire resort was booked and a few latecomers barely got a room.
Sunset Bay Resort

Baker's has been our location for 7 great years and they have treated us wonderfully!

Saturday night dinner will be planned by Ann Valley (she has done a terrific job in the past) and the price per person will be posted once she has finalized. Because our group is so large there isn't anywhere in the Lake Dalton area that can handle us, so we have food catered to Baker's awesome meeting room.

Now, the past couple of years we've done something fun or different during the Saturday run. Would you like to have something again this year? Or should we just do something maybe low key during social times? I might have some ideas but I would like your input on this. Thanks!

More info will follow as the event gets closer. If you've always wanted to come but haven't yet had the opportunity ... make this the year!

See less See more
#2 ·
MomsSol;
Help me out.
Having been unable to participate in the 2013 Nationals, I would love to attend the Dells Meet this year. Some of my fellow MCK members have attended in the past and said it is wonderful.
Having grown up in Minnesota, I am familiar with the beauty of the Dells.

I am a little puzzled - September 29-29?? Should this be September 26-29???
I would like to get my reservation in.
Please advise.
Thanks.

#5 ·
MomsSol;

Thanks for the clarification.
I have secured a room at the resort Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Will drive in Wednesday and home on Sunday.
This will served as my official intent to participate with your group.
Thanks and see you soon!

09 Wicked Coupe
Jim Lyddon
1 or 2 people.

#8 ·
Most people will arrive Thursday afternoon or evening..full festivities start on Friday but plenty of socializing on Thursday.

Friday is usually a beer or wine tour run or if you prefer free time to see and do things in the Dells. Last year some of us did the upper lake boat tour. This year we might do the Ducks.

#6 ·
We are booked at the motel, 26 to the 29th, and I would like to know when the runs start. Is this a Thursday through Saturday event. Is there something going on Thursday??

#9 ·
Thursday is when everyone starts arriving..anywhere from late morning to late afternoon. Several of us like to go to Cimmorelli's Supper Club for the best steak you'll ever eat.

Friday is your choice of free time or a short tour run.

Saturday is the long run through the beautiful countryside of Wisconsin, Sat night is dinner at Bakers, a White Elephant gift exchange, the out to the firepit for fun times.

Sunday people start heading home.

#11 ·
You know our favorite Pyromaniac can't go one night w/out one! lol

#12 ·
Rooms at Bakers are getting scarce...

Bakers is nearly booked for our weekend. There are a couple of rooms left for Thursday, and some for Fri/Sat. If you don't have your room booked yet and are planning on coming then you should book in the next couple of days!

#13 ·
To anyone on the fence about participating, this is a super fun group, the runs include the best back roads Wisconsin has to offer and the Dells activities will keep a smile on your face in between buzzing around with the Solstice or hanging out with the group.

Wish we could make it. My fiance and I had a lot of fun last year. We just closed on a house this past weekend and with so many things to do, it doesn't look like we can get away for a road trip. Not to mention she doesn't have the appetite to be zooming around the country side as she will be 6 months along with our first!

Have fun and drive safe.

#14 ·
Congrats to both of you!!

Also, thanks for the nice review!

#16 ·
Looking forward to checking out the Dells area. Sign me up for the Saturday cruise and if there is one Friday, I'm interested. Looks like I will be part of a three car caravan form MI. We should have five from. MKC.

#18 ·
I know we have around 40 people...I'll see if I can compile a list for you.

#20 ·
Super...dinner Saturday is $20 per person, payable to Ann Valley up to Sat before dinner.

#25 ·
Caravaning from MI with me on Thurs will be Lastoy & Pure06 (Mike & Judy Klinck). Not sure about dinner Saturday since $20 a person seems pretty pricey. What do we get for that?
Because we are such a large group and there isn't anywhere that can handle a group of 40+ people, we have had a catered dinner the past 3 years. Baker's has a very nice meeting room where we have dinner and then the White Elephant gift exchange. $20 is a great price for the food that is catered, generally 2 meat choices, vegetables, salad, bread, and dessert. If you choose to eat somewhere else, that's acceptable. Also, participation in the white elephant gift exchange is optional as well. Everything is optional, just let us know if you decide to join us for dinner. :)

#23 ·
Caravaning from MI with me on Thurs will be Lastoy & Pure06 (Mike & Judy Klinck). Not sure about dinner Saturday since $20 a person seems pretty pricey. What do we get for that?

#27 ·
Sorry we missed you! Plan for next year...its always the last weekend of Sept, Thurs thru Sun.

#30 ·
Other plans change, priorities are reassigned and now we have to be somewhere else on the Dells weekend. I just cancelled our double queen room at Sunset Bay, so there is a room available, and a couple of Saturday night dinners also available.

Maybe next year . . . :(

#33 ·
Heading that way tomorrow. Only two in our caravan. Looking forward to seeing the Dells area and riding on some interesting roads.

#34 ·
Drive safe everyone, we'll be heading that way in the morning as well, with a quick detour to scope out a small section of Saturday's run that had to be re-routed. Let's hope the WI DOT hasn't found any other roads to rip down to dirt since 2 weeks ago!

Looks like about 24 cars, and only a 30% shot of participation on Saturday. Let's all do anti-rain dances to knock it to 0%! So far we've been rained on once, on the Friday short run, not a bad record, and haven't missed a night at the pit, ever!

:thumbs:

#35 ·
How come only 30% participation on Saturday?:devil: I was so puzzled until I ready the balance of the paragraph. Have a great time....I am sool unhappy I am not there....:(:cuss::cryin:

#37 ·
I purposely always refer to moisture falling from the sky as anything but precipitation, but I digress, 80% chance for this afternoon but it can change pretty quickly.

#38 ·
We enjoyed the cruise today. Some nice twisty roads here in Wisconsin The weather has been great for this time of year but unfortunately it rained our last couple hours of cruising. Thanks Wisconsin group for putting this on.

#39 ·
Another great Dells weekend is in the books!

Great to see some new faces in attendance, seeing the regulars, and wonderful to see Larry (taxlaw) and Deb!

Pre-planning is already in place for our 10th Dells meet...I know, we still have Dells IX next year but we want the 10th Annual Dells meet to be one for the record book!

If you haven't been in a few years, or if you've never been ....save the date now - tentative dates are Sept 23 - 27 2015.

#40 ·
I would like to thank the Wisconsin Sols for a great weekend. Made some new friends, nice trip to Minhas Brewery, great roads on Saturday. The dinner was a great start to the party. Over all a cheesy good time in the Dells for a couple of newbies. Thanks for all the hard work.
Carrie and Marty.

#41 ·
I think we are in a rut. Same old horse poop every year. :willy:

Old friends, new friends, great food, great weather, twisty roads, laugh till you cry.

I guess I'll just have to keep coming back to see if anything different ever happens. :devil:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

#42 ·
Back to work Monday after a wonderful weekend with WISols. Drove into Wisconsins Saturday rain in Michigan on Sunday. Enjoyed the drives, food, and gatherings. Wonderful back roads with hills and curves. Looking forward to future gatherings.

Have spent the morning trying to put select pictures on the forum without success. The place to download has space for 20 pictures, but I have only succeeded in adding one photo, sooo, I will give you the link to MY photo site for you all to access.

Go to: jalyddon's Photos | SmugMug
Select Gallery Category: Cars
Next select Galleries: Wisconsin Dells 2013
Enjoy!

Jim Lyddon
Wicked563 (Coupe)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.