Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, The Pacific Northwest Roadsters would like to officially be considered to host the 2015 NASSM Event. The location would be Portland, Oregon. This would be the first National event to be held on the west coast. We currently have 91 members in our local club with an established Events Committee. We have planned numerous events since our inception in 2007. We just finished out 4th Regional event and it was a huge success. We have a good working relationship with all of the clubs surrounding us. Thank you!

:cool:

·
1,492 Posts
Not too early!

Nope, that way you can start planning to attend Alan! :yesnod:

Bring all your friends from NM too.

The RMSSC wil more than likely have a group going- rob & whitefang for sure!

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Nobody thinks that it's a bit much to be planning for an event 3 years away?
They didn't say they were planning an event, only that they would interested in hosting the event in 2015. Since 2013 and 2014 seem to settled on the host group I dont see any harm in this group throwing their hat into the ring. 2014 will be very much East coast and 2015 for a true West Coast event would be fair. :jm2c:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the sound of it. 2300+ miles one way, a 4-day drive. Oregon is one of the last few states I have never been in.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me to plan so far out, I know how it is to go with short planing time and the events seem to be better with experienced planners.

It is about time we have an event way west, even if it is north...give some people a chance to attend that have not been able to make the drive to previous events.

I'm with Steve, let's roll to Portland in 2015.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All really great points.

Rob, you are on my list of people whose brains I want to stick a straw in and get all the best info for how best to put such a large event together.

And yes, we as a club decided to post so far in advance, to show our commitment and to start planning and talking.

Our club has had 4 successful Regional events, we are planning our 5th. We have great relations with all of the clubs that surround us. I have some fantastic ideas of what we are planning and I would like to share them, but that would be unfair to the 2013 and 2014 Nationals; because if I told you, you'd skip them to attend ours! lol

I am planning on attending Nationals 2013, so buy me a beer and I'll share my plans with you then :)

I love my car and I really appreciate everyone who owns one of these fantastic cars!! :drive:

:cool:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Head 'em up! Move 'em out!

Let's see ... 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 68, 69, 70, 71. Hmmm. Maybe I'll be able to actually retire by then and just keep driving Grandpa's Solstice back and forth across the country full time!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
hmmm just over 3,000 miles one way and 50 hours drive time - sounds like fun!

Best of luck to you and your group, and I agree its never too early to put a plan together, the more certainty around locations, dates the easier it is for our wonderful vendors and community to plan !

·
Registered
236 Posts
Portland... 2014 miles.... 3.5 days the way I drive.... Yeah count me in. :patriot:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

I'd be in if its legal to sit inside our cars on a bloody car carrier there and back, what a hoot. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
This is how we roll

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts