Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
this is a photo posted elsewhere by DDM...

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Sting, Theresa won the best owner award. Our little social butterfly dazzled everyone there as usual.

I was fortunate enough to win the Best Kappa V8 in the professional class. They broke it into two divisions, Professional meaning the amount of money put into the cars in mods, over 5k. Classic, was for cars with regular mods, like charge tubes, fenders. Not overboard I guess is how I would describe it. I think most had a hard time figuring out who or how to vote. I know my other half did. I don't vote in car shows. Too many are too nice, and I won't vote for mine. So she handles that.

Carol, Rob's wife won best Sky exterior. As Sirwm stated, they only used a few of the screen names during the evening.

Chris and Karen did a fantastic job on this event, and raised a tremendous amount of money for charity. It was a little hot and sticky, but all seemed to enjoy the week

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
event banner

with Twitchy and her son...

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Brett is a neat kid, we spent some time with him and reedred. Had dinner after the car show with him. He is very fun to be around. Our dog, would just run to get to him, she loved him, and I think the feeling was mutual.

Thanks to Karen and Chris for all their efforts on this charity. What a fantastic effort.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Anybody else having trouble bringing up pictures in this thread? This problem seems to come and go for me. When I click on the pics the screen goes dark and nothing happens. The only way I can bring them up is to right click and open in new window? Kind of aggravating!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks to everyone who posted pics of the Solstice / Sky meet. I wish I could have attended this year but couldn't. I plan to go to next year's event in Lexington, KY!

Lar Bear on the North Coast
#159 "Cool" Solstice GXP Manual Coupe

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
And the stitching in it is the autism puzzle pieces...

This quilt was auctioned at the event.
The winning bid was $1,000 by dengle ( on the right ).
The quilt is comprised of shirts from all of the events!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I just now had time to get my password changed and logged back on. Great pics everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
...something always surprises you at these events...

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
I don't know if this is the right place to ask ,but being new what is Kappa? I enjoyed the pics. Is there a meet this year? Thanks
The name Kappa is the name that GM gave to the platform that was shared between the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn SKY. I'm assuming GM has gotten into the habit of naming platforms because one platform can be shared between several different car divisions. The 80s/90s were probably the worst years for this because GM was barely trying to disguise a Chevy from a Cadillac.

Hey nice Chevy you got there.

It's not a Chevy.

OK, nice Buick Skyhawk.

It's not a Buick.

Oh, yeah it's a Oldsmobile Firenza!

It's not an Oldsmobile.

Really, Pontiac Sunbird?

It's not a Pontiac.

Then what is it?

It's a Cadillac!

Look, I've seen Cadillac's before, and that sir, is no Cadillac!

All above cars shared the same J car platform.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts