61 - 80 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
nice video...

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Was GM ever contacted to be part of Ozarks 16? Calendar year wise it's the Solstice 10th anniversary, and it would be cool if they brought a Kappa concept or if one of the original team members could give additional insight into the development of the Solstice (or both).

·
Super Moderator
15,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It's all good Rob. NASSAMs are hectic and stressful for hosts, particularly at the closing dinner (heck, I flubbed my own remarks that night). Mike and crew have been great to us, even as they were still working up to their own event. Anyway, sorry I didn't get to meet you in person (or that I didn't realize who I was talking to if I did - LOL - I met a lot of new people). Hope to see you next year in Arkansas!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be booking the hotel as soon as they allow. Are there any special instructions for getting everything booked? I assume we should mention NAASSM when booking the hotel. Is that it? I realize it's very early, but I have to plan well in advance to get away for a whole week.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
We'll have the registration site up by the end of August (hopefully sooner) and it will have a link to the hotel reservations.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Brian - if you're not there, I'm coming to your house and dragging you to Arkansas

·
Super Moderator
15,964 Posts
So just to show my committment, or maybe because I need to be committed, I have started negotiations with my trailer guy to build me a two Kappa hauler.

Lovie wants to have her car at the nationals next year as do I. But I dont want to be forced to leave Punisher at home either. And we go to several events a year where we are currently forced to chose one car over the other. So . . maybe a two Kappa hauler is in order.

My trailer guy says he can build me one that is custom fit to the cars. A "normal" two car hauler is 34 feet long minimum and holds 12k pounds minimum. Since the cars are small, he will build one that is 30 foot long and 10k pounds GVW which will make the towing a lot easier and less demanding on the driver and fuel.

Will see how it comes out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now that is commitment! LOL Good luck with trailer project. I can only imagine the paint job!

·
Super Moderator
15,964 Posts
My plan if I can swing the trailer purchase is to have the wood deck treated with spray on bed liner. Red in the front and green on the back half. To match the cars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
My plan if I can swing the trailer purchase is to have the wood deck treated with spray on bed liner. Red in the front and green on the back half. To match the cars.
Rob,
You make my deliberations about getting a motorcycle trailer seem very SMALL.:lol::willy::lol:

·
Super Moderator
15,964 Posts
So the deal is struck. I trade in my existing one car hauler for a two car hauler from the same builder. He is custom building the trailer to haul two Kappas. Moved the dual axles forward two feet to reduce tongue weight when there are two cars on the deck and adding additional D rings so I can tie down one car over the axles when hauling a single car.
In addition to the delta cost, She Who Must be Obeyed is getting a new couch for the living room. Pretty good trade in my mind.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So the deal is struck. I trade in my existing one car hauler for a two car hauler from the same builder. He is custom building the trailer to haul two Kappas. Moved the dual axles forward two feet to reduce tongue weight when there are two cars on the deck and adding additional D rings so I can tie down one car over the axles when hauling a single car.
In addition to the delta cost, She Who Must be Obeyed is getting a new couch for the living room. Pretty good trade in my mind.
I thought that "She" wanted the trailer to be able to take her Sky to events?

Score:
She 2
RTE 0

Yogi

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I towed a 54 Chevy Convertible through that area on my way to Kanas City, many years ago. Late July/early August. Tornado alley, and some very bad weather can hit you and quickly. Grew up in Nebraska, spent 15 years in Kansas City. Know the weather quite well.

Tornados are not the real problem, but the hail is a real problem. It literally destroyed the car, base ball sized hail, went through the top and looked like someone had hit is with a ball peen hammer all over it. Went from being a number 2 car to junk in a matter of minutes.

I can not imagine towing your car on an open trailer at any time, but going through that area at that time, I would be terrified.

Have him build a enclosed trailer, for safety and security Goose neck/5th wheel type would be better. Tag with axles moved forward could be touchy. Plus the other half will be able to buy tons of stuff to carry in the trailer on the way home. lol

61 - 80 of 182 Posts