Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2018 NASSAM Pictures

9K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  sirwm 
#1 ·
post them if you have them !

People are waiting to see the fun. :toetap:

:lurk:

#14 ·
When and where will the "team pictures" from Friday @3-4pm (on the roof deck of the garage) be posted?
Apparently there was a problem with the camera up on the hillside not focusing. Sadly, we may never see that photo. Brian was going to try to salvage something from it. We'll see.

Our green one went home early Friday morning so I know there was at least one more. Rob said around 115 cars I think. Some left at mid week, going to a major show in Wisconsin or Indiana.
Friday was also the day Mt. Evans road reopened after being closed all week for resurfacing. Four groups went out to make that summit and not all of them were back in time for the photo.

#6 ·
I never took a single picture at the National. DUH!!!!!
I hardly took any either. Too busy helping with the maintenance and detailing classes! I'll post what I've got in a bit, I gotta finish putting a new water pump in my truck first.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
NO Coupe group picture??? How many coupes attended this year??

#15 ·
Let me see if I can post the link again and see if it remains accessible. I'm just clicking the PERMALINK tab and then posting here. If there is a different way to do this then please just let me know. (must be some issue, so will try just adding the coupe photos again) And if this doesn't work, there is the old reliable ol'fashion way of just using email direct. But you will have to decide how bad you need the photos.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
The thumbnail issues are due to the forum host migrating to the cloud. Same thing is happening on another forum I use. I'm sure they will work it out in a few days.

Here are some NASSAM photos from my Smugmug page. More to see if you click the link.

The car wash bays were a busy place. The three bays were in constant use every day. I washed my car three times: Saturday before I left home, Monday before I was part of a detailing class, and Friday before the group car photo.

Shots of cars on the rooftop:

The black stripes on this Opelized Sky is a carbon fiber wrap. It looks awesome in person. I think this car won 1st place in the over $25K mods class as well as best of show.

The luggage rack on the back really gave the look of a mid-engine heat vent.

Pictures don't do the wrap on this car justice. It is really stunning in person. One of my favorites of the week.

These guys trailered their car up from Houston to get a new hood from Norm installed at NASSAM. That didn't happen until Thursday or Friday. They won the award for best motor thanks to having theirs laid out in the open like this for everyone to see!

Rob the Elder teaching the first Kappa maintenance class. This was a popular class offered once each day. We spread the knowledge of how to maintain our cars using a fifty point checklist to 50-70 people throughout the week. Hopefully they can go teach others where they live.

Driving to the Gateway Auto Museum. Rob the Elder again. He doesn't just sit in his garage and work on his cars all day... he drives them too. Here, he is in the Green Dragon.

#17 ·
I got my WindRestrictor installed at the rally.

I also picked up a DDM coil cover, won a DDM console armrest with cupholders in the auction, and bought about $120 worth of Adam's Polishes at a discount thanks to his generous donation to the effort. Also, the owners of the hoodless car had a complete set of Sky wheels with good Michelin rubber for sale for a great price so I snagged those to give my car a different look and so I have an extra set of wheels in case I need them. Here I am home with new wheels installed and half my old wheels loaded on back. I'll pick up the other two wheel next time I'm in Denver at garage day at RtE's house.

#19 ·
You are missing the handle bar ends in the photo. They were kind of droopy by the end.

I really appreciate all his work, the clubs work and the effort that went to making this thing happen. And to the ladies that supported the men that stepped up to do it. Special thanks to Dave for his hilarious actions and attitude, his nightly cat killing routine and Steve for the tireless efforts on the road trips.

#20 · (Edited)
For historical purposes, I have transposed some of the photos from FB to this forum.
Thanks to the people that actually took the photos.

( NUTS - the forum link-photo-trick is broken. The trick used to make thumb-nails display in-line is not working. )

Attachments

#22 ·
#23 ·
#24 ·
#25 ·
#26 ·
Reactions: TVRBill
#27 ·
#28 ·
#29 ·
#30 ·
#31 ·
#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.