Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently received notice of the Fall Classic Pontiac Car Show being held on Saturday 16 November 2019 next to the PDQ restaurant 194 N. State Road 13 St. Johns, Florida 32259. Registration begins at 0900am till 1200pm. Show and judging from 1200 noon to 0300pm. An opportunity for my 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe to been seen and judged by the local Pontiac community. This may be an opportunity to see more than 1 of 1200 plus vehicles built. Did this event in the fall of 2017 it was fun having the newest Pontiac on display. I've attached the car show flyer.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Fall Classic Pontiac Car Show held on Saturday Nov 16th in northeast Florida is now in the rear view mirror. Despite dark overcast clouds, biting cold winds, and a threat of rain the event went well. The car show took place along a circular roadway in a parking area around a small lake. Somewhere around 80-100 Pontiac's participated in several vehicle categories. Lots of Firebird's and GTO’s of all years participate in this event. For this car show, I’m in the Modern Category with the 2019 Solstice GXP Coupe and only 4 other participants. The GXP Coupe went up against G-8’s and GTO’s. Tough to compete against the G-8’s. A lot fewer vehicles were in this category than during the Pontiac car show event in 2017, likely because of weather conditions. So, for the 2nd time in 2 years the GXP Coupe wins a 2nd place trophy in its category. It’s really a nice trophy. Its also the 2nd time no other Solstice entered the event. So, I’m seeing a lot of 2’s here. I did get to meet with and exchange information with one other Solstice Forum member who came out - 4501 Safari. All in all it was fun for me to see the attention spectators and other Pontiac car show participants gave the GXP Coupe. Lots of photographs and questions. A favorite line - “I’ve never seen one of those before” (Solstice Coupe).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts