Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full article: https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-kills-19-automotive-print-publications-i-1840273584

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.
  • 4-Wheel & Off-Road
  • Automobile
  • Car Craft
  • Chevy High Performance
  • Classic Trucks 
  • Diesel Power
  • Hot Rod Deluxe 
  • Jp
  • Lowrider
  • Mopar Muscle
  • Muscle Car Review
  • Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
  • Mustang Monthly
  • Street Rodder
  • Super Chevy 
  • Super Street
  • Truck Trend 
  • Truckin’
  • Vette

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
... not really missing anything if these go away...

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Well....ever since David E. Davis Jr. (founded Automobile magazine, which I have the total collection of the first 15 years!!) and Jean Lindamood (aka Jean Jennings) retired/left Automobile magazine, it's gone down hill.

Reactions: Saveaux

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I think they are not disappearing due to lack of interest in the genre, but are going the way of printed newspapers. With forums like ours and others, not to mention many other internet sources, they have just become dinosaurs. Kind of like Playboy Magazine (which I only bought for the informative articles, of course.)

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I'm more concerned that Autoweek is also being canned. I've been reading that for 30+years and will be very sorry to see it go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
if you got Autoweek they are giving you Car and Driver to cover the rest of your issues or you can request a refund. Got a letter with about this with a copy of Car and Driver in the mail

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Awesome...hate Autoweek (sorry Soup)...lately from Feb to Nov it should change it's name to Raceweek. Very little in the form of new vehicles coming from it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts