Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's time to try something. I threw this together around 3 am this morning as an experiment.

The size is "Legal" size (8.5 x 14), printable off your own printer. The margin all around is .5 inch. This is the simplest configuration I could come up with.

I have not printed this out myself on legal sized paper - only standard sized. This is where your feedback comes in. Someone try it on legal and let me know how it prints. It should print fine, but one never knows....

If this works, the calendar will be posted here and free of charge. I'll present it as .PDF files either as individual months - or one large file containing all 12 months.

This will be done under the K.I.S.S. principle. Down and dirty with no frills. Let's see how this prototype works before we complicate things.

This is what I need from anyone who wants to participate:

1) Somebody test print this 1st example using Legal sized paper and make sure it prints properly.

2) If you want your car included - post your best picture (15 x 9 inches at 72 dpi minimum) along with permission to use your photograph. No permission - no photograph. Include a brief description of the photo. Keep it brief there isn't much room. Also keep in mind I may have to crop or otherwise manipulate the photo to fit the format.

3) Preference will be "first come first served" so the ones who get in early stand the best chance of being included. Quality of photo also plays a major part.

This is an experiment. Don't shoot me if it doesn't work. And don't get upset if your car is not included. It will not be a standard calendar bound together. It will be individual pages you print yourself. It will be up to you to check your own printer settings and choose your own paper stock. It may take some trial and error. Better paper stock (thicker or glossy) will provide better quality. Same goes for your printer - a color laser printer would be best.

There is no timetable for when this job will be completed - but it will be within a reasonable time.

Okay, let's see what happens...

January 2022.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
763 Posts
and you just had to put my car on the cover..thanks!!!( not mine, but mine) Ill have to have the wife give it a try....at some point in time.( for some reason her printer never works when I want somethen printed....)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love the idea. If my printer wasn’t on the glitch I would print it. Any chance you will do a letter size version?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Bama. Great idea. If you like my profile pic of my Solstice I can send it to you as per the requested image specs. Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something like this. In front of the highest point in the Canadian Rockies. I don’t know if these is what you want or could use but if it is you have my permission to use
Wrong size, but what a great picture! I included it (this is only a test anyway) but it blew the format. I meant for pictures to be 15" wide x 9" tall.

Solstice February 2022.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hotrodharry: You should be able to print letter size using the PDFs. Use "print to size" in your settings for whatever paper size you're using.

OceanFallsPaul: Just post the pic here, along with your permission to use it, and a brief description.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Are you in contact with Rick as well ? Seems odd to have two calendars ?!?

Personally I prefer an professional printed one and am not interested in printing my own.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not in contact with anyone. I'm simply trying to help the community and give anyone here the opportunity to have their car on a calendar they can print on their own. And it's free. All I'm asking for is a photo of their Solstice - and permission to include it. Easy peazy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Bama. Great idea. If you like my profile pic of my Solstice I can send it to you as per the requested image specs. Thanks!
I went to your Showcase and got the picture used in your avatar. This is the info it included: OceanFallsPaul 2006 Ming Blue and Vancouver cherry blossom

Seems appropriate for the month of March.

Solstice March 2022.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Ducatiguy, I just couldn't fit that picture in the layout, so I started over with a new design. I'm thinking about using your Solstice on a cover page. It's just too nice to leave out, and I appreciate your participation.

I've got 10 months left to fill on this thing. All I need are people's pictures and permission. Yeah, it's a work in progress, but It's not gonna cost you anything to participate.

Cover 22.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and you just had to put my car on the cover..thanks!!!( not mine, but mine) Ill have to have the wife give it a try....at some point in time.( for some reason her printer never works when I want somethen printed....)
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
60 mile round trip to Wally World. $15 in gas, $7 for a pack of legal-size paper, $100 worth of "stuff" the wife had to have (minimum requirement for walking into Wally World).... and used 1 sheet of paper to prove the calendar prints perfectly.

The layout is just about settled. A few more minor changes should do it.

Still have room for more cars so send a photo of your Solstice and permission to include it.

A while back, in another thread, someone mentioned including significant dates in Solstice history. If someone has such a list, and I can use it, please pass it along. Keep in mind there won't be much usable room in the date square - only about 1 square inch. Anything more than a few words will be difficult to read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts