Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello I am a 21 year old female from Cincinnati, OH. I ordered my pontiac solstice about 2 and a half weeks ago and i am so excited!! It is just going to take forever to get, and it will be dead winter and I will have a convertable! That part sux. But I keep telling everyine that I am going to put the top down no matter what, I will just have to wear ear muffs and a turtle neck i guess lol! But anyways i ordered a black, with black,top, sand stone leather, chrome wheels. I didnt get the 6disk changer or smokers package but i did keep xm radio and got everything else you can get. Soo if I ordered it 2and a half weeks ago...when do u think I will get it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll Probably Wil Be Married Have A Family And Will Have To Trade It In For A Van To Drive Around In Before You Get Your Sol!!!#$$%^$%!!. Just Kidding

·
Registered
305 Posts
You will love the car. I have seen the black with the black leather interior and in my opinion you made the right choice with the 2 tone interior. It will look great.

I have had my sly one with the sand/steel for 6 days now. Awesome!!!!!!
My wife loves the car as well, she said to me last night.

"when I come home and see it in the garage I can't believe it is our car!!!"
This car is for the young at heart no matter what your age.

You are one lucky girl to be able to get one at your age.

I always wanted a corvette, and $25K was my target price. But that buys you a 5 year old car it this point in time (if that). The solstice
does not have the guts under the hood but it sure has the looks, and with
gas prices the ways they are it makes better sense. I thank my neighbor
who showed me the car 2 years ago every day now!!!!!!!

I call it a poor man's vette/porsche/bmw........ , and looks better that all of them.

Later!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
tishy

I ordered a Sol about a month and half ago and don't even have a build date and I can't get any info from my dealer on what is going on. I think Pontiac is going to make some real money on this car if they can get something built and shipped. I'm worried that I'm going to have to settle with the Mazda Mx.
Good luck!!!

AnGC84 said:

Hello I am a 21 year old female from Cincinnati, OH. I ordered my pontiac solstice about 2 and a half weeks ago and i am so excited!! It is just going to take forever to get, and it will be dead winter and I will have a convertable! That part sux. But I keep telling everyine that I am going to put the top down no matter what, I will just have to wear ear muffs and a turtle neck i guess lol! But anyways i ordered a black, with black,top, sand stone leather, chrome wheels. I didnt get the 6disk changer or smokers package but i did keep xm radio and got everything else you can get. Soo if I ordered it 2and a half weeks ago...when do u think I will get it?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You'll have it by late spring is my guess. It's a blast :)

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Moving to "Getting your Solstice" forum.

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
you'll be a 36 year old soccer mom :) and the car will be an instant antique

you'll love the way your gray hair is blowing in the wind as it flaps around the laugh lines by your eyes . :cool: You may have trouble getting in and out of the car after those 4 kids take their toll on your figure !!! :cuss:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats

I ordred mine about the same time you did Sept 13th. I was lucky enough to get a small town dealers 1st allocation First slot. I'ld suggest you ask your dealer if your order is against a first allocation position and if so what your position is at the dealership. As I understand it October is the last month in the first the first 4 month allocation so it isn't impossible for your car to be preferenced by GM for production sometime this month if your in the first allocation. My dealer thinks I have a realistic chance of getting mine by the end of the year. Good luck and don't let the cynics get to you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered my Sly about the same time you did. Again just like z3404 said, it all depends on what allocation you are in. My dealer believed that I would get mine in March., but if I get it before summertime I will be more than happy

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just picked mine up yesterday (trpl blk) and it's great. You might get yours sooner than you expect. I think once production starts cranking out which it already has, it shouldn't be that long. As it is we are already seeing post 1Kers being built and ready to ship.

anywho welcome to the forum ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
AnGC84 said:

Come on up to Cleveland. #336 will give you a ride. No charge.:devil:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
AnGC84 said:

Don't let all the grouches around here get you down! MCEB is right, you will probably get it late spring. People around here are just getting frustrated becasue everyone wants one in their driveway right away (me too!) and they know it's not going to happen, and some have been waiting for a very long time. But when you read what those who have taken delivery have to say, you know it will be worth the wait! So enjoy the excitement and welcome to the forum! :thumbs:

·
Registered
479 Posts
AnGC84 said:

Forget all ne negative rants, it will be worth the wait! :)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
AnGC84 said:

Congrats! I really think you will love it! Have patience, though. I'm in your situation (ordered 9/22/05) and am just trying to keep in mind that I should have it in time for next summer's weekend jaunts! :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Post early, post often!

--Chemist

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
AnGC84. Welcome to the forum! :cool:

Definitely talk to your dealer about what his first four month allocation of cars is, and whether you are in that first four month allocation. If you want some background about what that means, check out the Sales, Ordering and Allocations FAQ thread, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789 If you've made it into his first four month allocation, you may see your car by mid to late winter. If your in the second allocation, plan on some time in the spring instead.

As far as having to wait to get your car, try and look on the positive side. If you don't already have one, go out and sign up for the GM Card, you earn 5% of your purchases towards rebate on a new GM car, and you can get up to a $1000 off of Solstice. I started working to build up my rebate back in April and have almost reached the $1000 max. Also, sock that money away in the bank over the winter. I've been diligently saving since I ordered my Solstice in March, and will have a much better down payment than I was originally planning on! :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
anGC84
Don't let them get on your case you could have the car anytime from the way things seem to be going some peolpe get them early some get them late and some just whine. Hope you enjoy when ever you get it and driving in the winter with top down it an unbelievable rush almost like skiing only you don't fall on your @@@ . LAFFF

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is not much rhyme or reason to how cars come in. While picking mine up last week, there sat a blue one???? It was for sale.

Asked dealer about it and he said dealers must perform updates to orders
periodically. Some dealer forgot to do so and my dealer stole his car and had
it the same day as my 1st 1000 car.

Not sure exactly how this works/happens but that is what he said.

He did say he only needed to make one phone call and he had someone say
they would take it. But until the money is paid nothing is sold.

They also have car a first 1000 car that the manager has been driving
around (bought by his brother in law (yeah right!!!!)), but they are using
this for display and I was told it was for sale as well. This is a black on black one.

So make sure your dealer stays on top of your order, or you could be waiting
a long time.

Are you one of his 1st allocation cars???

Later!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Embrace the wait!

Tell all of your friends that you ordered and then listen to them for the next six months say, "Where's your car?"

Oh wait...that's my life!

·
Registered
305 Posts
photog321 said:
Tell all of your friends that you ordered and then listen to them for the next six months say, "Where's your car?"

Oh wait...that's my life!
This is so true, they ragged on me for months. But seeing the car shut them up. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Grand-Ma's Solstice.......

AnGC84 said:

Hello I am a 21 year old female from Cincinnati, OH. I ordered my pontiac solstice about 2 and a half weeks ago and i am so excited!! Soo if I ordered it 2and a half weeks ago...when do u think I will get it?
Let's see, you'll probably get the Solstice at your grandchild's graduation. It will be the all new Solstice Limited Edition Special Allocation Zero Zipper Model.
:lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts